You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA website address change

Craig Merriman 834118

Craig Merriman 834118
Posted
Posted

Please update your bookmarks, the VATUSA website is now located at http://vatusa.net. Thanks to Brian Sperduto for all of his hard work on this.

Craig Merriman

VATSIM North America Region RCRP Member

Flagman - NEMA - NorthEastern Midget [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociation

The Winged Warriors!

Mike Cassel 849958
Posted
Posted

Looks like the ZAK website got killed in the process. zak.vatusa.org redirects to the new VATUSA site and zak.vatusa.net doesn't work. Might want to have that up for CTP.

CS13_Sig_E.jpg

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Out of curiosity, what happened to vatusa.org?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

Lots of website updates, new features, and the like.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Gary Millsaps 830104
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

First off, thanks for your patience and understanding as we've moved the VATUSA website to its new home...as you are probably aware, it was no small undertaking.

With a project of this magnitude, there are likely to be a few minor glitches and problems that will make themselves evident. We are keeping an active "punch-list" of these fubars and making the necessary repairs based on priority of effect. No false promises as to when all will be rectified but rest [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ured each item will be dealt with as expeditiously as possible.

I'd like to offer this thread as a spot to continue listing any failed links, missing site pages, etc...

Thanks again for hanging in there with us...

Gary Millsaps

VATUSA1

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me...

guaranteed."

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

I'm still curious, why the domain name change?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

Cheers!

Luke

The VATUSA.ORG domain has been a pain in the rear the past 5 years or so, it was allowed to lax and then a company in California bought it from under the VATUSA Administration that was in place then and we've had to kiss their you know what to make any sort of changes that we needed to... And I'm guessing it might have something to do with the last administration not wanting to, um, maybe let it go or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] it on... I'm not sure though...

Kudo's to the current team for taking the bull by the horns, I should have done that a year ago...

BTW - Congrats Gary - Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything that you need

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Brandon Bartell 968788
Posted
Posted

Looks to me that all of the subdomains need to be recreated. When they switched the domains and hosting they cant carry over the subdomains. I am sure Brian will be able to get it up. If you guys need any help with the site, ironing out all of the bugs let me know.

Brandon Bartell

Webmaster

Virtual Atlanta ARTCC

Brandon Bartell

Controller

Atlanta ARTCC

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted

Cheers!

Luke

The VATUSA.ORG domain has been a pain in the rear the past 5 years or so, it was allowed to lax and then a company in California bought it from under the VATUSA Administration that was in place then and we've had to kiss their you know what to make any sort of changes that we needed to... And I'm guessing it might have something to do with the last administration not wanting to, um, maybe let it go or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] it on... I'm not sure though...

Kudo's to the current team for taking the bull by the horns, I should have done that a year ago...

BTW - Congrats Gary - Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything that you need

That about sums it up

All appropriate sub domains were created and transfered over.

ZAK Website is online as of this afternoon

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W