You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cross-Strait Flight '07 ZSPD/ZSAM/RCTP DEC08 12-16z

Alfred Tang

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

shatpe2.png

Shanghai vACC and VATROC will jointly hold another event crossing the Taiwan Strait.

Mainland-Taiwan direct charter flight has now entered 3rd year operation in real world. The charter is more convenient and viable option designed for business travelers from both sides of the Taiwan Strait to travel back to their hometowns during holiday seasons; this was not available until 2005 when authorities have approved the operations of such flights. The charter flights are very popular during Chinese New Year, Mid-Autumn Festival, and National Day as it provides a direct pathway for travelers to fly across the strait.

This year's event will feature three major airports in eastern Asia: Shanghai Pudong (ZSPD), Xiamen Gaoqi (ZSAM), and Taipei Taoyuan (RCTP). Charters flights will be operating during the event flying non-stop from the mainland to the Fomorsan island with fully-staffed ATC service. Details are as follow:

Date: 08 December 2007

Time: UTC 1200-1600 (Beijing Time 2000-0000)

Airports: Shanghai Pudong (ZSPD), Xiamen Gaoqi (ZSAM), Taipei Taoyuan (RCTP)

Charts and related sceneries are available in the website. Please be advised that RVSM metric level has been effective since 21 November 2007. Metric conversion chart is available in the website.

We wish every participant a very pleasant time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your flight.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Director | Hong Kong VACC

Keisuke Yamane
Posted
Posted

Dear. Al Tang.

Was not there the event that Shanghai VACC suggested to us(VATJPN&VATKOR) on same day?

Will 'Colinear' be cancellation?

Yamane,Keisuke /811527

VATJPN1offline.gif

http://www.youtube.com/user/VATJPN

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted
Dear. Al Tang.

Was not there the event that Shanghai VACC suggested to us(VATJPN&VATKOR) on same day?

Will 'Colinear' be cancellation?

Dear Keisuke Yamane,

Colinear has been postponed a week after on Dec 15. I am only in charge of Cross-strait flight so for other details please contact Joe Leung (he is in charge of Colinear).

Al

Alfred Tang (934809)

Daniel Han 957682
Posted
Posted

Postponing interdivisional events without a single notice. that's nice.

Divisional Director

VATSIM - DCRM

VATKOR

kim dong hee 905311
Posted
Posted

We aren't hear change to event time..

that's very funny situation...

VATKOR Member.

Mr. SPIKE, KIM

Keisuke Yamane
Posted
Posted
Colinear has been postponed a week after on Dec 15. I am only in charge of Cross-strait flight so for other details please contact Joe Leung (he is in charge of Colinear).

We prepared place of joining at Narita for this event. Because We were informed of nothing.

You say like other people's affairs.

We are asking to Shanghai vACC.

This is not problem of the personal level.

Are you all right? Shnaghai vACC?

If you do only childish correspondence, Shanghai gets rid of trust.

Anyway, It's too late now for changing day.

We try to do 'Colinear' between Korea and Japan on 8th Dec.

Yamane,Keisuke /811527

VATJPN1offline.gif

Daniel Han 957682
Posted
Posted

VATSIM KOREA DIVISION will no longer organise inter-divisional events with Shanghai vACC until they show confidence on divisional relationships. This really, really blows our mind.

Divisional Director

VATSIM - DCRM

VATKOR

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

It is not that I want to ruin our relationship (Shanghai and Korea), but that's what I have known so far. A month or two ago I summited the preliminary plans for this cross-strait flight event for Mr Joe Leung, and he approved it. He told me that on Dec 15 there will be another event with Korea and Japan so at that point there wasn't any clash at all; that's what I have been told so far. As a member of Shanghai, I am sorry for all misunderstandings but the truth is I am one of the victims as well. I am in charge of and only in charge of Cross-strait flight event; anything else was not to my knowledge at all at this moment. Now I will have an urgent meeting with Mr Joe Leung asap and look for possible solutions. If you would like to hold the event on Dec 8, then it's fine. I believe we can handle traffic for two events as far as # of our staff members is concerned.But no matter what, I will talk to him as soon as possible for possible solution.

Again, I feel sincerely sorry about this mistake that is not supposed to happen at all.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

We prepared place of joining at Narita for this event. Because We were informed of nothing.

You say like other people's affairs.

We are asking to Shanghai vACC.

This is not problem of the personal level.

Are you all right? Shnaghai vACC?

If you do only childish correspondence, Shanghai gets rid of trust.

Anyway, It's too late now for changing day.

We try to do 'Colinear' between Korea and Japan on 8th Dec.

First of all, please be aware that your dictions are very derogatory to me.

Mr Joe Leung one of the developer of our team, but very unfortunately he is painstakingly preparing for his college admission exams. It is very hard for me to contact him recently since everyday he is preoccupied with his practise-exams and extensive amount of homework. If I had realized the time conflict I would have contacted you about it already. Frankly, it is a miscommunication among us but there is no way the problem can't be solve.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted
We aren't hear change to event time..

that's very funny situation...

It is "funny"(sarcastically) to me too.

All a sudden people start whining about stuff that I wasn't aware of before.

VATSIM KOREA DIVISION will no longer organise inter-divisional events with Shanghai vACC until they show confidence on divisional relationships. This really, really blows our mind.

Mr Han, I think there is some misunderstandings here so how about we talk privately to work out a solution?

Alfred Tang (934809)

Keisuke Yamane
Posted
Posted

Please wait.

Did you do a sincere response as Shanghai staff?

If you are staff of Shanghai, is not there the duty that you cope with immediately when there was an objection first?

You said,

"You(me) talk with the person in charge", and what kind of feelings does such correspondence give us?

I don't think sincere response as Shanghai staff.

Dear all event coordinators of VATJPN and VATKOR,

After the coordination on the coming event co-organised by VATSIM Japan Division (VATJPN), VATSIM South Korea Division (VATKOR) and VATSIM Shanghai VACC(FIR), I would like to inform you about the arrangements of the event we have decided:

Name : Colinear

Date : 8th December, 2007

Time : 1100Z - 1500Z

Open airport :

Japan - RJFF - Fukuoka International Airport

South Korea - RKPC - CHEJU International Airport

China - ZSPD - Shanghai Pudong International Airport

Fot the web page for the event, we (Shanghai VACC) will take this job. For the banner of the event, I would like to invite your division to share this responsibility. Please inform me if you are interested in it or the design work of the web page for the event.

If you have any question on the arrangement, please send me a mail.

Best wishes,

VATSIM Shanghai VACC contact person

C.C to Brendan Chan (Shanghai VACC Chief) and Gary Law (Hong Kong VACC Chief).

We believed Shanghai...

I am very sorry that you look down upon us.

Yamane,Keisuke /811527

VATJPN1offline.gif

Daniel Han 957682
Posted
Posted

Mr Joe Leung one of the developer of our team, but very unfortunately he is painstakingly preparing for his college admission exams. It is very hard for me to contact him recently since everyday he is preoccupied with his practise-exams and extensive amount of homework. If I had realized the time conflict I would have contacted you about it already. Frankly, it is a miscommunication among us but there is no way the problem can't be solve.

Mr. Al Tang, Joseph here.

I want to be a little bit harsh on this problem. This is not a you-and-me-only problem. ALL DIVISION STAFFS & MEMBERS were preparing for this event. (well, i think this was only between VATKOR&VATJPN). As I said earlier, if you are one of staff members of Shanghai vACC or whatever it is, please put responsibilities on each work & steps that concerns other divisions as you do.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide ATCs on 15th DEC 2007. Let's organise one sometime later. Mr. Keisuke Yamane, your side is understood very well, lets take one step backwards. Thanks.

regards,

Divisional Director

VATSIM - DCRM

VATKOR

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

Please wait.

Did you do a sincere response as Shanghai staff?

If you are staff of Shanghai, is not there the duty that you cope with immediately when there was an objection first?

You said,

"You(me) talk with the person in charge", and what kind of feelings does such correspondence give us?

I don't think sincere response as Shanghai staff.

Dear all event coordinators of VATJPN and VATKOR,

After the coordination on the coming event co-organised by VATSIM Japan Division (VATJPN), VATSIM South Korea Division (VATKOR) and VATSIM Shanghai VACC(FIR), I would like to inform you about the arrangements of the event we have decided:

Name : Colinear

Date : 8th December, 2007

Time : 1100Z - 1500Z

Open airport :

Japan - RJFF - Fukuoka International Airport

South Korea - RKPC - CHEJU International Airport

China - ZSPD - Shanghai Pudong International Airport

Fot the web page for the event, we (Shanghai VACC) will take this job. For the banner of the event, I would like to invite your division to share this responsibility. Please inform me if you are interested in it or the design work of the web page for the event.

If you have any question on the arrangement, please send me a mail.

Best wishes,

VATSIM Shanghai VACC contact person

C.C to Brendan Chan (Shanghai VACC Chief) and Gary Law (Hong Kong VACC Chief).

We believed Shanghai...

I am very sorry that you look down upon us.

If I have no jurisdiction on a certain policy there's nothing I can do on that policy. It's simply a boundary of power. Say, do you think a Secretary of Treasury has power over the judicial branch of the government? Certainly not if that person holds no position in the judicial branch.

I have sent you a private message concerning our apology and possible solutions. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you haven't read it at all when you type this reply have you?

Alfred Tang (934809)

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

I want to be a little bit harsh on this problem. This is not a you-and-me-only problem. ALL DIVISION STAFFS & MEMBERS were preparing for this event. (well, i think this was only between VATKOR&VATJPN). As I said earlier, if you are one of staff members of Shanghai vACC or whatever it is, please put responsibilities on each work & steps that concerns other divisions as you do.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide ATCs on 15th DEC 2007. Let's organise one sometime later. Mr. Keisuke Yamane, your side is understood very well, lets take one step backwards. Thanks.

regards,

I have sent a solution for you by private message which is having both events on the same day, but it seems to me that you haven't read it or consider it at all. Please do carefully consider as it could lead to a win-win situation which is also stated in the message.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Daniel Han 957682
Posted
Posted

regards,

I have sent a solution for you by private message which is having both events on the same day, but it seems to me that you haven't read it or consider it at all. Please do carefully consider as it could lead to a win-win situation which is also stated in the message.

Mr. Al Tang, Im afraid you still don't get what Im trying to say here.

Why are you keep referring to your solution as a WIN-WIN solution? Do I get some kinda rewards if I actually 'WIN' somethin? What I want to point out here is that we(especially those divisions in East Asia) are not aiming for big, huge event that everyone dreams of. I dn't really care even if it's a small event between two or three divisions. It's a matter of improving divisional relationships rather than making a big event. I understand you also feel a little bit frustrated on this issue, just calm down first. Ignore VATKOR&VATJPN's event on 8th DEC 2007. Make another one later maybe. Anyway who's the director of Shanghai vACC?

Divisional Director

VATSIM - DCRM

VATKOR

Joe Leung 963979
Posted
Posted

Is Joe. I am surprised to hear that we are going to cancel the event co-organsied by Japan, South Korea divisions and Shanghai VACC. There are two points I would like to clarify:

First and foremost, there is no official notice about the change on the date of the event (Coliner). The last official notice about the event is the initial agreement I have delivered on 11th of October which stated that the event will be held on 8th December. As to prepare for this event, event website has been established on our web-server. (http://shanghai.vatasia.net/Events/index.htm) We have also arrange our ATC team to provide ATC service on that night. What we are waiting for is the event banner since 11th of October.

Secondly, I cannot see any conflict between these two event. The event co-organised by Taiwan FIR and Shanghai FIR is independent to the event we have planned. As Alfred mention, our VACC is fully prepared for the event, we have sufficient controllers for the traffic.

It can be understood that holding two events together is a challenge. Please let me know your plan. I hope that even we have finally decided to cancel the event, we can continue co-operate in the future. Sorry for any inconvenient causes.

Staff, Shanghai VACC, VATSIM Asia Region, VATSIM

Promotion Secretary, the Chemical Engineering Students' Society, HKUSTSU, Session 2009-2010

Daniel Han 957682
Posted
Posted

Mr. Leung.

It's time to manage your division's communication problem. This is NOT a children's playground.

Divisional Director

VATSIM - DCRM

VATKOR

Joe Leung 963979
Posted
Posted

As we only have 1 week left for the decision on whether the event will go on or not, please let me know your division intention.

I agree that there is a need for our VACC to review the communication between members. Yet, I don't want to discuss this issues in here any longer as this is our internal matters. I can understand that your duty is to ensure the event runs smoothly. What you are concerning is can our VACC hold events? After you have a look on what we have prepared for the events, you will surly get the answer.

Staff, Shanghai VACC, VATSIM Asia Region, VATSIM

Promotion Secretary, the Chemical Engineering Students' Society, HKUSTSU, Session 2009-2010

Daniel Han 957682
Posted
Posted
As we only have 1 week left for the decision on whether the event will go on or not, please let me know your division intention.

I agree that there is a need for our VACC to review the communication between members. Yet, I don't want to discuss this issues in here any longer as this is our internal matters. I can understand that your duty is to ensure the event runs smoothly. What you are concerning is can our VACC hold events? After you have a look on what we have prepared for the events, you will surly get the answer.

I do not suspect your division's ability to hold the event. You showed this through the last VATKOR.Shanghai vACC event. Im saying this again and again, VATKOR will not participate the event this time. My mission is to ensure good public relations. We've got a seperate events director. Why do you think a divisional director hopped into this issue? If you do not want to discuss internal matters here, then DO NOT expose it to the outside.

Divisional Director

VATSIM - DCRM

VATKOR

Dick Teh 844228
Posted
Posted

Let's manage this internally. Thread locked.

Dick Teh