You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VROUTE and Waypoints

Iftikaar Hussain 1033579

Iftikaar Hussain 1033579
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, I have not downloaded VRoute yet but have been trying to get some Basic Info on it but have been unsuccessfull. What i want to know is what does Vroute really do. I have gone to their website and sort of got what they were saying but i just wanted realy basic info. The main question is if i get this VTU5 VTU GMN DUCKE BORDY... as waypoints from VROUTE i will be able to IMPORT this into my GPS in terms of flight planning and lfy the route. Is that what VROUTE does?Thats QUESTION 1

QUESTION 2:

VTU5 VTU GMN DUCKE BORDY.... Am i able to set this MANUALLY in my GPS- 500 thru flight simulator 2004. If so does anyone have a link on how to do this. I m ok with DIRECT FLIGHTS via GPS but do not know how to set WAYPOINTS.

PS> If i m using capitals i m mainly EMPHASISING. No offence intented. I must say this is one of the most HELPFUL forums i have been in.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Since VTU GMN DUCKE BORDY (departure procedure intentionally skipped) does not contain any airways, this is exactly the same output as vroute could provide if you found this route in our database. If your route looked like this (KATL-KBOS from vroute):

EATWO GRD J209 RDU J207 FKN J79 JFK

then vroute would look at airways (J209, J207, J79) and decode them into waypoints, for example the segment from FKN to JFK is actually:

FKN

KATZN

LEESA

ZBY

VILLS

JOANI

JFK

vroute would give you this in FS2004 format (among others), and also enable you to print a handy one-page docomeent that you can use during your flight (called a Flight Progress Card, you'll find it in the exports menu).

regards,

Michal

ps. vroute.info is free and easy to use. Might be faster to just install and give it a try

vroute.net founder

Iftikaar Hussain 1033579
Posted
Posted

Thanks Michal, i know what you saying is that "gee download it and the truth shall come to you lol" and i m deefinitely planning on doing that. I just had one small query. Am i able to set all those waypoints manyually into the GPS. And am i able to import all the waypoints into the GPS once Vroute pops the waypoints to me.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

You can import them into your GPS. Most likely you can't enter them manually, because FS2004 database is way out of date and waypoint names have changed a lot along the route.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Graham Mitchell 984314
Posted
Posted

Hi Iftikaar,

You could also update the FS2004 database.

Have a look at this thread (particuarly towards the end)

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=18493&highlight=

From my website you can include in the FS2004 the latest waypoint from AIRAC 03/04 or later and for the entire world

in one easy to load file FREE OF CHARGE. The GPS will then allow manual entry of waypoint from a RW (vroute) flight plan.

Also handy if you are given a 'Route Direct' instuction from ATC to a waypoint not on your flight plan.

Go on - get Vroute it is great !!!!

Hope this helps.

Best regards Graham Mitchell

• 3 weeks later...
Iftikaar Hussain 1033579
Posted
Posted

Awesome thanks guys, sorry about the late reply, everything is working well with Vroute and i m getting a hang of it. It has been a great help with following pre determined routes