You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TNCM backtrack procedure for heavy take-offs on 09

Anthony Atkielski 985811

Anthony Atkielski 985811
Posted
Posted

Can someone clarify the backtrack procedure for TNCM when heavies are taking off from 09? Is the aircraft supposed to take Charlie to the runway and then backtrack to that little side taxiway, then take that for the U-turn back onto 09, or is the aircraft supposed to stay on the runway all the way to the end and then make the U-turn in the small space on the right at the end of the runway?

8564.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Stay on the runway to the end and U-turn in the small space, I believe.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Jose A. Vega 942014
Posted
Posted

Depends on what scenery you have, maybe you'll need the backtaxi. If you do need the backtaxi, you'll depart taxiway Charlie, backtaxi rwy 09 and make a U-Turn on the rwy. Also depending on the scenery depends whether lighter aircraft take taxiway Bravo and Alpha to hold for rwy 09. Aircraft given the backtaxi full length rwy 09, are expected to takeoff immediately.

Anthony Atkielski 985811
Posted
Posted

I have the FlyTampa Saint Maarten scenery, which seems to be extremely accurate (based on what I see in satellite photos) apart from the presence of the old terminal (which they kept supposedly for reasons of nostalgia). The side taxiway (A and B) looks really narrow for a heavy. Is it built to hold the weight of heavies?

I've had different controllers give me different instructions in my 747-400, so I'm a bit confused, and I can't find anything on the Net that definitively says one way or another (there must be NOTAMs or something for it, but where?).

8564.png