You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATPAC Site

Sean Harrison

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Not sure whether it is my computer, but I cannot access the VATPAC site or forum at the moment. Hopefully it is a temp glitch. If I try and open main page I get the side and top panel, but nothing in the main frame. I sometimes get an error message saying too many connections???

If there is a problem with the server or otherwise could I get a post, so I know if I have to start on my computer. (Other sites including this one seem to work fine)

Sean

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Steven Cullen
Posted
Posted

Sean,

It has been very slow on both my machines this morning as well, with new forum posts not showing up, if the forum opens at all.

It took me more than 30 minutes and 4 attempts to get into the forums.

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

when i try that site it loads fine but the links never load

British Airways | B737 | EGLL

logo-red-small.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

It would seem that the database server has laid down and died, preventing the site content to load.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the quick response Steve, Norman and Martin,

I am sort of glad to hear that it is not not my computer, maybe our server has got upset with all the attention the SB server has been getting

Sean

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Russell Creel 835096
Posted
Posted

I have numerous problems with the site from broken links to an inability to register for their forum.

Wanted to post to their forum section for the website, but their SW refuses to activate me, and emails to their admin doesn't do any good .. ah well ..

They probably don't want pilots flying down their anyway!

1714.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Russell,

That simply is not so.

Currently the Webmaster position at VATPAC is open but should be filled soon. In the meantime send an email to rob (at) vatpac.org and he will sort your forum access.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Beverley Howard-Smith 8396
Posted
Posted

It seems to be working OK now.

Beverley

1248.png

Russell Creel 835096
Posted
Posted
Russell,

In the meantime send an email to rob (at) vatpac.org and he will sort your forum access.

Yeah I did that .. no response yet ..

Likely its not a group admin account and I have to wait for him to check it personally .. he could be away .. or may not check it regularly .. and I can't PM him on the board, being inactive it won't let me do anything. (which seems stupid, it should at least allow you to PM the admin so you can correct things).

I was hoping a post here might get one of the VATPAC's admins attention.

1714.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

I can tell you that you MUST use your First and Last names when you register. Nicknames are not permitted.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Russell Creel 835096
Posted
Posted

yeah .. did that correctly too ..

BTW .. I'ld PM you instead of discuss this openly, but PM's are disabled on these boards ..

I'm in the user list, just not activated .. did the email link thing, tried the manual thing (told me I was attempting a duplicate activation and should send am email to rob @ ... ).

Thanks for trying though, nice when people are helpful.

1714.png