You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Plans not updating

Terence Dare 824184

Terence Dare 824184
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Firstly I must say Euroscope is brilliant and I enjoy using it very much! Thank you Gergely Csernák!! Unfortunately I am experiencing a little trouble and I could not find any topics relating to this already on the forum.

When an aircraft has filed a flight plan and then changes it, it does not update in Euroscope... Even after asking the pilot a couple of times to resend the flight plan. This also occurs when an aircraft has arrived at an airport and then changes their flight plan for the next leg of their flight. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in the program?

Please, if anyone else is experiencing this, it would be good to know...

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Terence Dare

VATSAF Information Manager

5967.png

sppl.gifinst.gif

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Terence,

Sometimes I also find this, but so far I addressed it to the servers. I feel that there are cases when not all the FP changes are published to all controllers. I just made a test and I am sure that if EuroScope receives the FP change message then it updates it immediately.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Terence Dare 824184
Posted
Posted

Hello Gergely,

Thank you for your quick response... Since writing this email I have had no luck with the flight plans updating automatically. Is there something I am not doing right? As it seems no one else has brought this up before. I ask pilots numerous times to resend their flight plan but it does not change on my side. I keep on having to update the flight plans myself.

Sorry to be a pain, but I appreciate your help immensely.

Thank you sir.

Regards

Terence Dare

5967.png

sppl.gifinst.gif

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Once a plan is modified by a controller then generally no matter what the pilot tries, the plan is locked to them and can only be ammended by a controller.

Is this perhaps what you are seeing?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Terence Dare 824184
Posted
Posted

Hello Norman,

I was not aware of that... That is probably my problem then. I never had this problem with VRC, is it Euroscope related?

You see, sometimes a pilot flies in to an airport and then (even after logging off and logging back on) files a flight plan to another airport, I still get the old flight plan and no matter how many times he sends it, it will not update...

Thank you for that information sir..

Regards

Terence Dare

5967.png

sppl.gifinst.gif

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

This is not only an issue with EuroScope, but with all the Controller Clients, VRC and ASRC as well. As Norman so rightly points out (why is he always right!), after ANY controller has amended any part of the flight plan it does not matter what the pilot changes, this is never reflected to other controllers. This includes a change of the flightplan, comments, flight level or any other change effected by a Controller and not by the pilot. Something not unique to ES I'm afraid.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
(why is he always right!)

You only have yourself to blame

On a more serious note, I believe in the scenario Terence describes that the plan is "unlocked" once you reach the destination / have landed elsewhere / some other variable.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Andre Helm 1012342
Posted
Posted

I never experienced any problems as described with pilots how fly into my airport, taxi to the gate, file a new flight plan to another destination. They are able to do so and to send the new flight plan to that new destination and I can see the change. So I think Norman is right one more time when he says, that the flight plan will be "unlocked" after landing.

Andre Helm, VATSIM-Germany, Berlin

1001-GM-1%2C3-SIG-UTC%2B2.gif