You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Rudder and Nose Gear - FS9 Difficulties

Jody Turner 1018734

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

Well, you're probably thinking, nose gear? What can go wrong? Well, apparently you've never controlled or taxied past me while I'm on the ground, and seen my nose gear is turned about 70 degress to the left, and even if I try to use thrust to regulate it, it just turns that way. This is really a problem, and happens with all aircraft, turbo-prop, twin-engine, jet, etc..

Then there's the rudder problem. When descending suddenly my rudder yanks to the right (I don't have rudder pedals or rudder control from joystick), and my autopilot has actually flipped the aircraft over trying to turn, that happens while descending and I have no idea what causes it. It's crashed me twice in one day. It makes me slow down, and then once at such a slow speed, FS9 doesn't stall me, it spins me recklessly while I descend or climb at an outrageous rate (another sort of problem that actually made me go to 80,000 ft. in a helicopter). And makes me unable to maintain altitude, so I slowly descend and lose speed, keeps on going, and if I'm away from the computer, I'll crash by the time I'm back because the autopilot tries to trim it up, which makes it lose even more speed, and crashes it.

These both are flight simulator problems, and come on, if I can't fix these, I won't be able to enjoy flight simming like the tens of thousands of you do every day. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

It appears that you need to calibrate your Joy Stick.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Shawn Goldsworthy 925085
Posted
Posted

Do you have auto coordination on? AKA Auto rudder. If you do it will cause your nose wheel to turn as well as your rudder with roll inputs on the ground. Turn your null zone up a bit to ensure there aren't constant control inputs being sent from the joystick. That might help.

Shawn "SX" Goldsworthy

Retired ATM/ Staff Instructor

Los Angeles ARTCC

N123SX | xxx554

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Yes, usually when this type of thing happens, as Larry said, re-calibrate your joystick.

Joshua Black

• 1 month later...
Hunter Gaber 1024819
Posted
Posted

DO you have a Saitek X52 joystick? Or a joystick with a seperate throttle and joystick?

• 2 weeks later...
Ragnar Joensen 1001907
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem, my plane is acting strange (only on ground and arr. and dep.) when many pilots are online PLZ. tell me why?

Regards

Ragnar

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Someones did have this proplem and eventually realized the PTT (PushToTalk) button for VATSIM was same as a rudder-button.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png