You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Airplane labels help - VRC 1.2.1

Matthew Jones 1020768

Matthew Jones 1020768
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone

I download VRC 1.2.1 earlier today, and I got connected. I am in tower mode (Radar mode -> Tower) and I am having some trouble with the labels. Here are some screenshots.

vrc1ic0.png

vrc2nh0.png

vrc3sl7.png

Cheers if you can help

Jason Herman 911755
Posted
Posted

The VRC font probably wasn't installed correctly. Try re-installing VRC and if that doesn't work, delete the VRC font and run the setup wizard again.

Hope this helps.

"HN"

Matthew Jones 1020768
Posted
Posted
The VRC font probably wasn't installed correctly. Try re-installing VRC and if that doesn't work, delete the VRC font and run the setup wizard again.

Hope this helps.

How can I do this? There is no font file in C:\ProgramFiles\VRC, and I have already re-installed 2 times.

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

You probably have a driver version for integrated graphics (Intel, Via, or others like them) which do not handle OpenGL. Try an older/newer driver from the one currently installed from the manufacturer's website.

KZSE C3/Facilities Administrator

1798.png

Jason Herman 911755
Posted
Posted

Hope this helps.

How can I do this? There is no font file in C:\ProgramFiles\VRC, and I have already re-installed 2 times.

It's in your windows font folder: C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

"HN"

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It looks like the font is installed okay, it's just not rendering right. I believe others have fixed this problem by changing (upgrading or perhaps evening downgrading) their video driver.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Matthew Jones 1020768
Posted
Posted

oh ok, thank you for your help

Matthew Jones 1020768
Posted
Posted

Sorry for double post, but I cannot edit my last. I have tried downgrading, upgrading my graphics card, and I still have the VRC problems, they even show up as an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ortment of letters and numbers on ARSC as well. I would like to to find a solution ASAP, as I am now an S1 :] Thanks.

Matthew Jones 1020768
Posted
Posted

UPDATE:

I have got it working now, I turned hardware acceleration down 2 slides :]