You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using VRC to build TWRTrainer/ACSim files

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

In case you weren't aware of it, there is an undocomeented feature in VRC that makes it a little easier to generate TWRTrainer airport files and ACSim or TWRTrainer scenario files.

If you hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT and double-right click anywhere on the scope, VRC will copy the current mouse coordinates (lat/lon) into the Windows clipboard. You can then paste them into your scenario or airport file. Be sure to uncheck the box in the VRC General Settings, Miscellaneous Tab, labeled "Show Mouse Coords as Deg/Min/Sec", because ACSim and TWRTrainer need the coordinates in decimal degrees, not D/M/S.

Once you have pasted the coordinates you need, you just need to change the space between them into the appropriate delimiter depending on the type of file you are creating. For TWRTrainer airport files, no change is needed, since the space is the right delimiter. For TWRTrainer aircraft files, change the space to a semicolon. For ACSim scenario files, use a comma.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 4 months later...
Federico Navarro
Posted
Posted

Hey Ross Thank you for this information... you can know that's going on with my TWR Trainer, because it gives me an error when I try to open de Airport File..." Run-time error "6". Overflow.....

Thanks

5895.png

Federico Navarro

AMERICAS RVP