You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Your assistances please

Robert Fenderson 1040317

Robert Fenderson 1040317
Posted
Posted

Okay, maybe you can help me. About two days ago, I p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed the basic controller exam I and my rating changed to S1...But now when I do a status check it says that I'm an Observer. Am I missing something here?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Any new controller who has joined VATUSA after a certain date (Dec. 23rd?) is being given to the ARTCC as an OBS. You will need to comply with the new Global Policy restrictions (VATUSA's implementation was introduced tonight on the VATUSA Website), and you will be promoted to S1 when you demonstrate DEL/GND/TWR "competency" at your respective ARTCC.

Good luck and welcome to VATSIM.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Lakhbir Singh 936840
Posted
Posted
Any new controller who has joined VATUSA after a certain date (Dec. 23rd?) is being given to the ARTCC as an OBS. You will need to comply with the new Global Policy restrictions (VATUSA's implementation was introduced tonight on the VATUSA Website), and you will be promoted to S1 when you demonstrate DEL/GND/TWR "competency" at your respective ARTCC.

still waiting to get atc training, i've emailed the relavent authorities.but no reply yet.i would like to control in the USA...

cheers

Lak

SWA1501

Lak Singh

Remember: When in doubt, ask!

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted

still waiting to get atc training, i've emailed the relavent authorities.but no reply yet.i would like to control in the USA...

cheers

Lak

Click the "New Members Click Here" on the VATUSA homepage, and follow the on screen instructions.

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Lak,

As Brian said, you need to join VATUSA. I'm showing you as having transferred from from Central American/Mexico/Carribean Region to North America, but no specific division within North America. You need to select VATUSA as your division. Until that time, you won't be able to receive any training within VATUSA.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Ludovic Potier 853884
Posted
Posted

Select the ARTCC where you wish to control in the USA.

Ludovic L. Potier

New York ARTCC Controller [C1]