You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Question for VRC use

Mark Wheeler 983770

Mark Wheeler 983770
Posted
Posted

Heres a question that I want to know if its possible. My current computer is dead and I dont know when I will be able to get a new one for a while. Is it possible to install VRC and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated sector files onto a 1GB Flash drive and run it from that? If so I could run it from almost anywhere I have an internet connection and my headset.

Mark

ZLA Rated V-3/I-11/S-3

61.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The problem with that is that the flash drive may get [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned a different drive letter on different computers, and the drive letter is stored as part of the path to the POF, alias and sector files, so you might have to reload each of those when you run it on a new computer.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Wheeler 983770
Posted
Posted

Thats not a big problem for me (i've been off the scopes for a mont so kinda desperate). Otherwise I shouldnt have too much of a problem?

ZLA Rated V-3/I-11/S-3

61.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Should work fine. VRC doesn't care where it's installed, as long as the required files (primarily the INI file) are in the same folder as the EXE.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Wheeler 983770
Posted
Posted

Currently up and running thanks so much!!!

ZLA Rated V-3/I-11/S-3

61.png