You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EUroute routes

James O Grady 904153

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but can you confirm if routes added, edited or deleted in vroute have any effect on the EUroute routes database? I've noticed that a lot of flightplans in vroute are not coming up in searches for routes on VACC websites using the EUroute software.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

No, they are not. EUroute database is frozen since the introduction of multiple AIRAC cycles in vroute this summer.

Michal

vroute.net founder

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted

Ah ok. Are there any plans to allow VACCs to use the routes database in vroute in the same way as they were for EUroute?

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

What exactly do you mean? Develop vroute-for-vacc-websites? No, there are no such plans.

Michal

vroute.net founder

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted
What exactly do you mean? Develop vroute-for-vacc-websites? No, there are no such plans.

Michal

Yeah. I'm surprised you wouldn't though as eventually VACCs will stop using the EUroute routes database because they cannot add, edit or delete routes for their country, and move towards creating their own, which goes against why you developed it in the first place which was the have all resources in the 1 location and for ease of use.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Well, given that there is a free piece of software which gives you 60.000 routes, where you can add, edit or delete routes and get much more than that, why would anyone build his own solution from scratch?*

I have a full time job someplace else and two kids to feed, I'm sorry I can't do everything that people want from me.

Michal

* - it is called vroute.info, in case someone wanders into this topic and does not know

vroute.net founder

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted
Well, given that there is a free piece of software which gives you 60.000 routes, where you can add, edit or delete routes and get much more than that, why would anyone build his own solution from scratch?*

I have a full time job someplace else and two kids to feed, I'm sorry I can't do everything that people want from me.

Michal

* - it is called vroute.info, in case someone wanders into this topic and does not know

Fair enough, we all have our priorities and this is a hobby after all, i.e. something you do in your spare time(nobody suggested you treat it like a job ), I was just suggesting something I thought would've been useful to VACCs. Bare in mind Michal not everyone is using vroute and most of those who don't use vroute still use the route search on the various VACC websites to look for routes, hence why I was suggesting it.