You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsim Compatible Airports

Bernie Fritts 899936

Bernie Fritts 899936
Posted
Posted

I am the author of KMRY and CYYZ both of which are VATSIM compatible.

You can find them here:

http://www.masterfritts.com/x-plane/

The airports are both freeware so enjoy!

For a good X-Plane VA visit the link in my signature. Both Europe and America divisions.

• 2 months later...
Brad Hosking 910720
Posted
Posted

Anyone know of a site which holds compatible Airports for Australia on X-Plane 8

I have found a lot of Scenery for US bases Airports, but none for Aus.

Brad

4531.png

world13-2.png

George Marinakis
Posted
Posted

Just curious...what do you mean by a "VATSIM compatible" airport? What would you need to add/modify to make airports in X-plane "compatible" with VATSIM?

George S. Marinakis

VATSIM6, co-Founder, VATSIM

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Michael Krause 810881
Posted
Posted

Hi all!

I'm not a X-Planer but I fly for Leipzig Air a VA based at Leipzig, Germany which has a huge amount of X-Plane pilots. We have a large database auf compatible sceneries. Those sceneries have been mostly created by the use of ASRC sector file data. So the X-Planers have the same taxiway/runway/parking layout as we have on the scope.

As far as I know there are also some Australian airports (Perth is just in the making and Auckland (ok NZ ) is there already).

Due to copyrights you have to be a member of Leipzig Air to get access to the scenery database.

www.leipzigair.de

Greets

Micha

signatur_400_80_nuemo.gif

Brad Hosking 910720
Posted
Posted

Michael

Which link do I need to press for those Airports?... sorry my German really stinks And babel does not translate pages very well when writteen in PHP.

Bloody nice site though...very very nice layout....I just wish I could read it

Brad

4531.png

world13-2.png

Michael Krause 810881
Posted
Posted

@Brad:

As I said you have to be member of Leipzig Air and then you find them at "Leipzig Air intern" - "Download".

Greets

Micha

signatur_400_80_nuemo.gif

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted
Just curious...what do you mean by a "VATSIM compatible" airport? What would you need to add/modify to make airports in X-plane "compatible" with VATSIM?

George,

Many of the taxiway layouts in the stock airport database are 'generic', and not accurate, particularly for the smaller airports. With the advent of Xsquawkbox, a concerted effort is being made to bring the taxiway/ramp layouts in line with the real world fields, so that xplane pilots can comply with taxi instructions correctly.

Keith

George Marinakis
Posted
Posted

Ahhhh...I see. So it's not so much bringing them into "VATSIM" specs as it is "real world" specs. I understand why that would be desirable. Thanks for the explanation Keith.

George S. Marinakis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

George,

Actually you bring up a good point. What ppl do is take the ASRC sector files and use those as a basis for constructing the layouts. It's a subtle distinction, but I thought I'd mention it in light of your last post.

Keith

George Marinakis
Posted
Posted

That's the thing. I think most sector files are really close. There are some, however, which are really old (they go back to the early days of ProController...the original ATC client) and are not necessarily accurate. This might cause a slight shift between what the controller sees vs. what the pilot sees. Even if they were at the time, they probably aren't today as coordinates shift slightly over time.

I would guess that if they were constructed correctly, a modern (meaning recent) sector file is probably going to be very close and would be a good template for creating X-Plane scenery.

George S. Marinakis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Ronald Wild 897271
Posted
Posted

Hi together,

there are a lot airports in the Xplane World, which are not vatsim compatible, that means the position of runways and above all taxiways is not correct, or better said, do not correspond with the runways and taxiways of the sector files...

so what to do? A few Xplane friends and me made a lot of airports Vatsim compatible:

If there are sector files we use the superb tool "Vatsim2Xplane" from Tom Ozalik to convert sector files into visible yellow taxilines in Xplane Worldmaker. So you can easy adjust the taxiways and with a little practise you need about 1-2 hours to edit a mid-size airport... (see image, thats for example LFMN before we are editing the taxiways and runways (the yellow lines are the visualized sector file data).

Regards,

Ronald

Vatsim2Xplane

http://x-plane.org/home/ozalik/

http://www.x-plane.org/home/ronnax/apt.dat.zip

<--- These airports in that APT.DAT are mostly vatsim-compatible (made with Vatsim2Xplane). To install you have to copy the apt.dat in a custom scenery folder (unter Earth nav Data), or you have to copy the airport you need into the main APT.DAT, please make a backup before). if you have an apple use BBedit!

LFMN ready to edit

LFMN_vatsim_sector.jpg