You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ServInfo update released?

Kai Klingenberg 827617

Kai Klingenberg 827617
Posted
Posted

is this the official update?

Filename: vatsimofficialservinfo2007update.zip

License: Freeware

Added: 16th January 2008

Downloads: 65

Author: Alex Stjepanovic and various VATSIM Members

Size: 1235kb

Kai Klingenberg

vACC-Germany webmaster

td-pilots-banner_v.png

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

Where'd you see this? AVSIM?

Kai Klingenberg 827617
Posted
Posted

oops maybe the age

yep avsim

Kai Klingenberg

vACC-Germany webmaster

td-pilots-banner_v.png

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted

The update is nearly out. Ross will send out a NOTAM soon. The file should be uploaded to AVSIM Libray soon...(Or maybe it already has been ).

Controllers have feelings too...

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted
The update is nearly out. Ross will send out a NOTAM soon. The file should be uploaded to AVSIM Libray soon...(Or maybe it already has been ).

The Quote that Kai put up is from the AVSIM library - the file is there, uploaded today, apparently.

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

Congratulations to everybody involved for this much needed update.

4 years after the last (software) update and ServInfo lives on to the future.

Thank you

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Felipe Pretti 906962
Posted
Posted

Hi folks.

The servinfo map doesn't have the correct brazilian FIRs.

I made a change in FIR.DAT file adding SBAZ (was missing) and changing SBCW and SBBS (was outdated)

Some screenshots and file to download: http://www.vatsim.com.br/forum/viewtopic.php?p=57813#57813

This is an unofficial update of update, but is working and is the right brazilian map!

Regards!

610006874.png

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted

Hi Felipe,

In the update that Ross and I got from Leonardo Feldmann, there never was a SBAZ FIR submitted.

Felipe Pretti 906962
Posted
Posted
Hi Felipe,

In the update that Ross and I got from Leonardo Feldmann, there never was a SBAZ FIR submitted.

I've changed the fir.dat to correct this and we changing some informations in servinfo.dat (about brazilian airports). To who i send this files to update the official files?

About SBAZ, i think they never change because they think the SBAZ was updated already, but SBAZ was included into our update by old staff.. very old. About SBBS and SBCW, i think the real changes was after limit date to send the informations.

Regards!

610006874.png

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted
To who i send this files to update the official files?

No easy answer, the best you can do is to let people know of your update. The purpose of VATSIM one was to make changes like these, so if it's not in there, it's hard to tell then the next opportunity/need will come.

About SBAZ, i think they never change because they think the SBAZ was updated already, but SBAZ was included into our update by old staff.. very old. About SBBS and SBCW, i think the real changes was after limit date to send the informations.

Yea kind of correct and I gotta correct myself a half too. SBAZ/Amazonica// is in servinfo.dat but not in fir.dat. So it will show under the Active ATC list, but not on any map.

Perhaps that's why your staff thought it was fully updated already.

Felipe Pretti 906962
Posted
Posted
To who i send this files to update the official files?

No easy answer, the best you can do is to let people know of your update. The purpose of VATSIM one was to make changes like these, so if it's not in there, it's hard to tell then the next opportunity/need will come.

Yea kind of correct and I gotta correct myself a half too. SBAZ/Amazonica// is in servinfo.dat but not in fir.dat. So it will show under the Active ATC list, but not on any map.

Perhaps that's why your staff thought it was fully updated already.

no no.. the work is done. I mean the files servinfo.dat and fir.dat to update the official files. Just change the files.

Regards!

610006874.png