You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM-official ServInfo update 2007 download

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

We have finished compiling the "VATSIM-official" ServInfo data file update mentioned in the NOTAM sent back in September. The new data files and airline logos are available for download from the AVSIM file library at the web address found below.

Before you install the update, you might want to make a backup of the FIR.dat and ServInfo.dat files in your ServInfo program folder, in case you have any problems after the update.

Here is the web address for the file on AVSIM:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=115886

To install the update, simply unzip the file into the folder where you have ServInfo installed. Be sure your unzip program is set to retain file folders when unzipping. In WinZip, this option is called "Use folder names". Be sure that option is checked when you extract the zip file.

When you extract the zip file, it will overwrite your FIR.dat and ServInfo.dat files, and you may be prompted to confirm that you wish to overwrite these files. Answer yes when prompted. You will also be prompted to overwrite the existing airline logo images. There are hundreds of these, so it's best to just say "Yes to all" when prompted to overwrite the files.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here in this forum.

That's it! Our thanks go out to everyone that submitted data for this update, and a special thanks to Alex Stjepanovic for taking the time to collect all the data into a single set of data files. And of course a very special thanks to Michael Frantzeskakis for creating ServInfo in the first place.

See you around the virtual skies!

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Stjepanovic 963114

• Ross Carlson

• Jackson Harding

• Larry James 901346

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Stjepanovic 963114

Alex Stjepanovic 963114 19 posts

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 8 posts

• Jackson Harding

Jackson Harding 5 posts

• Larry James 901346

Larry James 901346 4 posts

Popular Days

• Jan 17 2008

23 posts

• Jan 18 2008

9 posts

• Jan 19 2008

6 posts

• Jan 7 2010

5 posts

Mike Roth 932270
Posted
Posted

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in this.

Can someone upload it to a place other than AVSIM? I can't download from AVSIM, and would like to get this. Thanks.

Tristan Blackburn 895205
Posted
Posted

Good to see such a fantastic program revived.

For those that have problems with avsim, I've uploaded the file - http://dump.trissy.org/vatpac/vatsimofficialservinfo2007update.zip

(Note, this is a private server. No responsibility will be taken for files that are downloaded from this location)

Tristan Blackburn

VATSIM Data Audit Manager

VATPAC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I can't download from AVSIM

Out of curiosity, why can't you download from AVSIM?

Ed Wolf 995241
Posted
Posted

Want to do the update...but unable to locate these files. In which program file, or in which directory are they

usually lcoated? Did searches for them, but unable to locate. Are they attached to Squakbox files?

Appreciate your help.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Want to do the update...but unable to locate these files. In which program file, or in which directory are they

usually lcoated? Did searches for them, but unable to locate. Are they attached to Squakbox files?

Appreciate your help.

I'm not actually sure where ServInfo installs itself by default, since I use a non-standard location. I would check c:/Program Files/ServInfo

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted
I'm not actually sure where ServInfo installs itself by default, since I use a non-standard location. I would check c:/Program Files/ServInfo

Yep - It'll be some random location that a used would have picked himself when first installing the program.

Controllers have feelings too...

Felipe Pretti 906962
Posted
Posted (edited)

VATBRZ released now an update to correct the servinfo brazilian map (fir.dat), adding SBAZ Fir and correting SBBS and SBCW Fir's.

Some corretions was made in servinfo.dat file, correting some informations about TMA and airports.

Download at: http://www.vatsim.com.br/downloads/servinfo_vatbrzupdate29012008.rar

Just replace servinfo.dat and fir.dat inside servinfo main folder after the offcial update instalation.

Before this update

mapaservinfomt0.jpg

After this update (SBAZ on-line)

sbazex0.jpg

Regards.

Edited by Guest
610006874.png

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted

Well done on the release. However, I see that Air Contractors(ABR) logo was left out despite being in Mark Severn's update which was used to gather the logos..

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Well done on the release. However, I see that Air Contractors(ABR) logo was left out despite being in Mark Severn's update which was used to gather the logos..

I'll let Alex respond as to what happened there, but you can certainly still take the logos from Mark's update and use them too.

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted

In the file I downloaded containing Mark's files, there is nothing related to ABR to begin with.

I've added the following line to servinfo.dat ABR\AG\Air Contractors\Contract\www.abrvirtual.com\ as given to me by you, Seamus on Skype some time ago......And also a long while back when I first joined your VA.

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted

In the file I downloaded containing Mark's files, there is nothing related to ABR to begin with.

I've added the following line to servinfo.dat ABR\AG\Air Contractors\Contract\www.abrvirtual.com\ as given to me by you, Seamus on Skype some time ago......And also a long while back when I first joined your VA.

I'm almost sure there was and I have others who downloaded Mark Severn's update who said they had the logo in the update. But as its no longer available to download on Avsim nor anywhere else for that matter, I can't confirm this. Thanks for including the link anyway.

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted
I'm almost sure there was and I have others who downloaded Mark Severn's update who said they had the logo in the update. But as its no longer available to download on Avsim nor anywhere else for that matter, I can't confirm this. Thanks for including the link anyway.

When you gave me the line I mentioned above, I can recall you saying that ABR items were already in Mark's zip file, and that you didn't see a need to submit it again. I got the code off you for code just as a precaution, as I wasn't sure of the IATA code and wheather the callsign was "Contact" or "Air Contract". I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed this was already in Mark's update, but it didn't hurt getting the data again.

As Ross mentioned, the best you can do, is add the logo yourself and make sure your pilots have it.

I can send you the exact zip file that I downloaded off Mark's site and his AVSIM link, if you really want.

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

I don't suppose you could try to do a mini update and contact the AVSIM library managers to take that. Obviously some data has been left out (Brazil, India, Air Contractors)?

Good Job by the way!

vatme-sig.jpg

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted
I don't suppose you could try to do a mini update and contact the AVSIM library managers to take that. Obviously some data has been left out (Brazil, India, Air Contractors)?

Good Job by the way!

Thanks! I've put in what was in Mark's file and what was submitted to me. What data has been left out in India?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Good Job by the way!

We can't do mini updates, no. They explicitly prohibit too many updates to files in their library. If I knew it would just happen once, that would be okay, but I'm sure there will be more. The appropriate thing to do will be to have quarterly or some kind of semi-annual update.

Mike Roth 932270
Posted
Posted
Out of curiosity, why can't you download from AVSIM?

Not really sure to be honest. I've had the issue for about 2 years and haven't been able to fix it. New computers, new routers, new modems, I've changed everything I can think of, and no matter what, I time out when I download from there. I've asked my ISP about it a couple times, but they don't seem to want to help much.

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Hi

Thanks all for the update. Since downloading it I keep getting "Access violation at address 0041B3D7 in module 'servinfo.exe' Read of address 000000008" and "Access violation at address 0044B61D in module 'servinfo.exe Read of address 000001F8". This usually happens when I click the map view and only ever intermittently happend in pasy 4 yrs but happened about 10times tonight. All I've changed is servinfo.

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted

I'm no expert with actual programming, but have you added VATSIM's SI update on top of any other data in ServInfo or have you overwritten everything?

If you've added VATSIM's data on top of yours, what could be happening is that you have too many airports etc in your files. This was discovered by the guys from VATPAC during the update progress, but it could be something else.

Ross is the expert with coding, he'll probably have a better idea of what's going on.

Michael Smith
Posted
Posted

here is an issue I found:

I saw Allentown Tower (KABE) online, but it does not show up on the map.

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted
here is an issue I found:

I saw Allentown Tower (KABE) online, but it does not show up on the map.

What exactly do you mean by saw it online. Are you reffering to seeing it on VRC/SB/FSInn/satnet-data.txt/etc or under the All Controllers Tab in SI?

Michael Smith
Posted
Posted

I saw it on all controllers tab (this is happening right now)

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Hi Alex

I'm no expert with actual programming, but have you added VATSIM's SI update on top of any other data in ServInfo or have you overwritten everything?

I've overwritten everything not added.

Thanks

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

James Larkin 974215
Posted
Posted

G'day All,

Not sure if its been noted but no Airbuses are showing up. I went into the .DAT file and noticed that the Airbus fleet only has designators for the group, Ie: A330 instead of A332 etc.

Just to rectify the problem, you need to go into the old .DAT file find the airbus data and then copy and paste it into the new .DAT file

Cheers

James Larkin

vAir Marshal

Chief of Air Force

RAAFvirtual.org

Jim Rosado 896019
Posted
Posted

I know that I have no ServInfo folder in my Programs folder. However, I have learned that when I installed Servinfo, I first found it very useful to simply create a folder called SI202. Then I installed into that folder.

After that, whenever I want to view ServInfo files, I go to that folder. In other words, it seems that ServInfo does not do a traditional install into the programs folder. It just installs to the location where the installation zip file is located (even the desktop, if that is where the install zip folder is).

So, I've also learned to simply do a file search for "servinfo.exe" to find the location of the executable, and all the other files should then be right there with that executable file.

Hope that is helpful.

Cheers!

Jimbo

"I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength!"