You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATEUD1 resignation

Martin Georg 811874

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dear VATEUD members,

I am hereby resigning from my VATEUD1 position. I will also step back from my duties as a VATSIM supervisor, and end my VATSIM ATC career. I do not intend to spend any time on the network for the foreseeable future. There are fundamental differences between me and other VATSIM staff members about the direction VATSIM should take into a prosperous future, and I do not see any chance for my ideas to fall on fruitful ground here.

Dear VATEUD members, it has been a great pleasure and an honor for me to be at your service during these past years. I wish you all the best of luck for your future endeavours.

Blue skies!

Edited by Guest

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Konstantin Shalashnikov 88
Posted
Posted

Good Luck Martin, Thanks for all!

Regards

Konstantin

Moscow FIR Chief/VATRUS ATC Instructor

From Russia with Love

asbtt.jpg

• Board of Governors
Simon Irvine
Posted
Posted

Martin

Any dealings that have taken place between he UK and EUD have always been conducted in a fair manner by yourself and i would like to thank you for that.

Despite what you have said i still hope to see you still controlling on the network in the future.

Good Luck and Thank You.

Regards

Simon Irvine

VP Europe, Middle East and Africa Region

Neil Dewson-Smyth 813906
Posted
Posted

Best wishes Martin. Differences in opinion and direction will always occur. I trust and hope that they are not so bad that you will in time find yourself back on the network.

Kind regards

Neil Dewson-Smyth

VATSIM Europe RCRP Lead

vatsim[at]d-s.demon.co.uk

Alexander Nolting 887789
Posted
Posted

Martin,

you know that I am mostly opposed to many of your decisions, but for the recent fight and the consequences you have choosen, I owe you deep respect for. I know for what you have been fighting for.

Good luck and keep enjoying online flightsimulation!

“the biggest enemy of freedom are happy slaves“

Stephen Murphy 912359
Posted
Posted

Very sorry to see your resignation Martin. I wish you all the best in the future on behalf of the VATeir Team.

Stephen Murphy - VATeir Director

dublinatcc1vj5.jpg

Stephen Naughton 924116
Posted
Posted

It was fantastic to work with you Martin while I was Director of VATeir, you did great work for our European division and you were a great help to VATeir when it was requested.

Best of luck to whatever you get up to in the future!

Jonathan Thurston 917551
Posted
Posted

It is a shame that resignations occur because people's ideas arent being listened to. It is a shame... Best of luck to you Martin.

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

Martin,

Sorry to see you go. The whole VATSIM community can only hope you reconsider your decision. Best of luck and hope to see you back soon.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Michael Wohry 919629
Posted
Posted

It´s sad to see you go, Martin! You´ve been a great VATEUD1 and your support was much appreciated all the time. Thank you very much for everything you´ve done for VATSIM and all the best for the future.

Hope to see you around soon.

Sincerely,

Michael

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hallo Martin,

you leave me puzzled and I am sorry to see you resign from your position as VATEUD 1. You are surely one of those few very polarizing personalities here in our hobby. You are able to express your opinion very well and sometimes this came back to you. Maybe the last few weeks in VACC-SAG were not the best ones and I do regret that the communication between me and you did not work better in the last months. Errors are made every single day, but if you resign, it must be something really big. As you wrote in your resignation note, it is something fundamental. And maybe your "dose" of VATSIM has been too high, after all these years? I see the drive, emotion, money and time that you personally have invested into this great hobby as something positive, and although sometimes you stepped on some feet (and that hurt!), I don't want blame you for it.

Anyways, I hope you can get some distance between you and VATSIM, so we can welcome you back soon, even if it is as "pilot-only". The VATSIM-virus cannot be stopped!

In conclusion I would to emphasize that we had our different points of views and a looooong radio-silence, but I do regret seeing you leave the network, somehow VATSIM/VACC-SAG won't be the same without Martin Georg aka. "The Voice"!

Relax! See you soon.

Stephen Keskitalo 977981
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I know what you mean man.

Well, thanks for your contributions, Martin. We'll miss you.

Best of luck in any future endeavors.

Dieter Brugger 810604
Posted
Posted

So long good fellow. Sorry to hear you are leaving. Through all those years I've learned, that it would be a waste of time to go into discussion with you about your descision. Always blue skies buddy.

N.B. If you feel the desire to organize another VATSIM convention just drop me a call.

Dieter Brugger

VATSIM Supervisor

http://www.vacc.ch

810604.jpg

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

Martin it is with sadness that I received this resignation.

You are perhaps the most enthusiastic staff member that I have ever cooperated with while being in SATCO & VATSIM.

Your contribution has been invaluable even though we had our disagreements.

All I can say for now is that I am honestly very sorry to see you go. The rest of the talks will continue between us and the vateud staff.

Regards and THANK YOU for everything.

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Lech Koniec 874740
Posted
Posted

And "Now we are free" - said Global_Rating_BoG.

Thanks for all, Martin!

It was good job. See You online!

Lechu

Michael Reilly 886102
Posted
Posted

Martin, I just want to echo everyone's comments above and thank you for a job very well done. It will be tough to find a VATEUD1 replacement as helpful and efficient as you, but your resignation is understandable.

I hope we see you in the skies above Europe from time to time!

Take care,

Daryl

VATSIM Supervisor

VATEIR C3

Michael Benson
Posted
Posted

Martin,

It is dissapointing to see yet another 'old war horse' feel the need to leave VATSIM, however I fully understand your decision based on the treatment you have recieved.

It is a disgrace that VATSIM appears to be more interested in getting as many new members as possible, without a care about why so many long established, highly experianced controllers leave.

I think it is fairly clear that the current VATSIM ethos is quantity over quality.

You can walk away with your head held high, mate. You have done yourself, division and region proud!

Michael Benson

Importer and Exporter of aluminium tubing from Slough Intl

Daniel Gustin 940540
Posted
Posted

Martin I am very sad to see you go. You were truly a person that is virtually irreplaceable. Aside from that, Thank you very much for your time and dedication to the network. You won't be forgotten.

From all of us at CrovACC we wish you all the best outside of Vatsim and your future en devours.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Gustin

VATEUD3 -Training Director Pilots

eud_logo.png

Come on kids! The more forum posts you have, the better!

Sean Reedman
Posted
Posted

I can only echo what has been said - when will people ask why experienced controllers are leaving or not logging on any more??

Sean Reedman

Goran Brumen 841490
Posted
Posted

Martin,

from my side, I am very very sad that You have resigned since in our region of Europe we saw a hope for getting things to a right direction. I hope that this dissapointment will not discourage You to fly virtually either offline or online, whichever network it may be. I wish You all the best and thank You for all the help You have provided to our part of Europe and our "big" vACC.

With best regards,

Goran Brumen

ACCSI1

http://slovenia.avsim.net/vacc

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Terrible news!

Martin, I understand and support you fully. You are a great professional, manager and friend. It is a great loss to the whole European community which I regret. Hope someone in charge wakes up to the call.

Regards, Opher Ben Peretz

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Arunas Stankevicius 843737
Posted
Posted

Dear Martin,

Sorry to see you go. Thank you for beeing so long with us and your patience. I realy hope to see you back. Please remember... VATSIM is not one man show (if you have disagreement with someone We are community and it makes us STRONG!

If you will be in Lithuania, just drop me a mail!

Arunas

Best regards

Arunas

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

Very sad loss to the team in Europe, given the time you have spent looking after Europe's best interests.

I echo the sentiments of many of those who have already posted.

Don't be a stranger...

Thomas George

Izik Bakshi 815057
Posted
Posted

Dear Martin,

I am very sad to read about your resignation, and even more sad to read that you leave VATSIM.

Thank you for everything you have done for VATSIM, and for VATIL.

Hop to see you in VATSIM soon, took care my friend.

From VATIL website:

Another big thanks goes to Mr. Martin Georg (ACCSAG11) and vACC-SAG. Mr. Georg helped us promote our division from the beginning, and was always available to show support.

http://www.vatil.org/vatil/about/thanks/index.php

Izik Bakshi

VATIL Online Day - Just fly!

http://www.vatil.org.il/fly/

atc2o.png

Georg Aubele 887954
Posted
Posted

I do not fly very often these days, but:

I will miss your voice on air as I miss your posts in the forums.

Good luck, friend! (I hope, I'm allowed to say so )

The hope dies last - hope to here (from) you again!

The only dangerous thing about flying is EARTH!

Wilbur Wright