You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

autothrottle querie

Peter Arnold 1042385

Peter Arnold 1042385
Posted
Posted

Hi all, I'm just getting into flying online and am loving it. every time i log on i end up with one problem or another, which is great cause i have to research the problem. My dilemma is i logged onto Melbourne last night in a Bell Jet Ranger and was doing well until atc asked me to release the autothrottle. I wasn't sure what he meant and his voice was garbled, so i contacted him by txt and he replied Alt+R. Can anybody tell me why he would request this and what it does and what my response should have been as i don't want to get it wrong. Thanks for any help. Peter

Carlos Palo 969743
Posted
Posted

First of all I find it strange he would ask that because the Bell, like most helicopters, doesn't have a autothrottle function (at least not the default Bell in FS).

Second, as a pilot you are in command of the aircraft and all it's functions. ATC can only ask you to fly a certain speed , heading or height.

Carlos Palo

FSX on C2D E8400 [email protected], Asus P5Q Pro, OCZ 2*2048MB (1066Mhz), XFX HD4870 1GB, Antec 300, Scythe Mugen 2, Samsung 24" 1920*1200

my FSX Videos

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Im curiopus to know why a ATC would request something like that, I mean the flying should be left to the piot and the controlling to the controller.

Tis strange, the Bell dosent even have an Autopilot let alone a Autothrottle!

955672.png

Peter Arnold 1042385
Posted
Posted

Exactly my point on all accounts, maybe he was new to atc as i am to flying. I'm not concerned about it i just wanted to make sure i'm not making mistakes as i go along. Thanks for the confirmation. Peter