You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX AA

Andrew York 944266

Andrew York 944266
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all i know that the geforce 8800GTX dosnt like to get along well with FS9 or FSX, i have been searching all day to figure out how to get my AA workign in FSX i simply cannot get it to work, and i would really like to get great images with it. Can someone help me please?

Edited by Guest
0898054.jpg

Steven Bryce
Posted
Posted

download a program called nhancer. You can edit the profile setting for FSX within it as the default Nvidia stuff does not seem to do this. It worked for me. heres the link to it. http://www.nhancer.com/ all you do is edit the profile for FSX in the scroll list within the program.

Cheers Steve

Emirates VACC S3

994379.png

994379.jpg

Andrew York 944266
Posted
Posted

Have tried that still dosnt work for me i have no idea what is going on

0898054.jpg

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Have tried that still dosnt work for me i have no idea what is going on

You need to Duplicate the MSFS profile in nHancer, then turn off the "Enhance in-Game AA" checkbox, and force an AA setting.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Andrew York 944266
Posted
Posted

Ok tried that still does not seem to work.

0898054.jpg

Jim Karn 850752
Posted
Posted

Are you running the DX10 preview in FSX?

You may want to try setting the level of AA in Global settings as well as the profile settings for FSX. On some systems, checking "enhance in-game AA settings" will make a difference. You also need to check AA in FSX.

Regards,

Jim Karn

2mdotvp.png

Andrew York 944266
Posted
Posted

No i am not running DX10 preview and have tried that am contacting Microsoft now to see if they know somthing.

0898054.jpg

Andrew York 944266
Posted
Posted

I contacted Microsoft and as usual they did nothing to help. Anyone else have another idea?

0898054.jpg

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

I am reading this thread with great interest as I also have the 8800GTX card.

Currently I am getting between 15-20 FPS and the sim runs pretty smooth. Other than aircraft at 0% and all vehicles at 30% I have all my sliders to the max. I am running the DX10 preview in FSX. Also have SP1 and the Acceleration Pack installed.

My question: "will the nhancer program increase my performance?". If yes how and is there any place one could find "before & after" screenshots?

My system specs are:

ASUS 5PNE-SLI , Intel core 2 Quad [email protected], 4GB Ram, Vista 64-bit, 2 HD's 300GB each

I am actually quite happy with the current performance but there is always this nagging uncertainty of some improvement one might have missed.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards

N405HT

Andrew York 944266
Posted
Posted

I have the same thing. Although i run XP it shouldnt make a diff but if your happy now then i wouldnt do anything to screw it up. The AA is really starting to Tick me off though ive spent my whole day today trying to get it to work and no success at all.

0898054.jpg

Jim Karn 850752
Posted
Posted

Ingo,

Running nHancer in DX10 won't provide any performance increase at all. nHancer doesn't increase performance as much as it allows the user to make changes that nVidia doesn't allow in its control panel. Specifically, it allows the use of super-sampling AA in DX9. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in DX10.

Regards,

Jim Karn

2mdotvp.png

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

Jim,

Thank you for the quick reply. I will leave everything as is then. Again, thanks.

Regards

N405HT