You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZAU Website Down?

David Kluempers

David Kluempers
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just tried to take a stroll the the ZAU website and it appears to have been suspended.

I just went back and it appears they are doing some development work.

Edited by Guest

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted

This should have more information for you http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=14482

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W

David Kluempers
Posted
Posted

Thanks much.

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division

Andrew Miller 873677
Posted
Posted

It's Feb 1st and I'm still not showing a website. Any updates from the staff?

Andrew Miller

Alexander Zayas 852099
Posted
Posted

Gentleman,

Thank you for your concerns. I am here to post an update and answer any questions.

As you know, recently I have asked my best friend to become our webmaster. Knowing that he would be busy (he works for FedEx), he's one of the best on the net when it comes to websites. I took a risk as much of us do and put a lot of faith in his abilities in order to make the January 31st deadline that we proposed. I respect his abilities, and know that something good is coming. One of the greatest things/hardest things sometimes about this job is putting faith/responsibility in those who you think will do the best job. Sometimes we come out on top, sometimes we ace everything we're [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned... sometimes things fail, sometimes things don't go quite to plan, sometimes we fall flat on our faces. Good or bad though, we must accept what happens and move on...Good or bad we must accept our decisions, be held accountable, and work even harder to find a solution. I am more than happy to take the lashings for my decision as I believed in him. I still do.

To report on what's happening:

I am currently having issues getting ahold of him. I don't know what may be going on, but it is my duty to keep you guys informed. I will fulfill that requirement and post a report on what's going on as I continue to attempt to reach him. If thing's don't work out, I have spoken to my roommates, and we are planning on posting a very basic website, without any frills until we can find someone more concrete. This is just planning for the worst of course. Please remain patient and take heed in the fact that I will do my absolute best to get the job done in a timely manner.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to post or send me an email ([email protected]). My door is always open.

Regards,

Alexander A. Zayas

vZAU ARTCC Air Traffic Manager

David Kluempers
Posted
Posted

Alex,

I was just curious and now my curiosity is satisfied. I am certain that things with the website will be worked out over time.

Thanks for the update.

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division

• 3 weeks later...
Andrew Miller 873677
Posted
Posted

I saw that the ZAU site was up, but now it's back down again. Anyone know what the update is?

Andrew Miller

David Baker 1004102
Posted
Posted

There's a new URL:

http://www.vzauartcc.com/

Not much there yet, but there's a forum at least.

ZMP_BD

MITRE OP1 survivor

• 2 months later...
Eric Shank Van Eenige 9979
Posted
Posted

It's been posted in a couple other places, but the new ZAU website is here: www.zauartcc.org

The website itself is still down, but the forum is open and developments are coming by the day... Hang in there, VATSIM! A new day is dawning at ZAU!

Eric Shank Van Eenige

Real-World Private Pilot

vZAU Enroute Controller

• 2 weeks later...
Aaron Barclay 878822
Posted
Posted

still waiting for that new day to dawn...maybe people will get trained and we'll have a website

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Ditto...

Hey Barclay... I got a letter from the office of personnel management the other day asking about you for security clearance... how's everything coming along with C90?

-AJ

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png