You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Airspace boundaires vertically

James Flynn 1043500

James Flynn 1043500
Posted
Posted

I'm not exactly experienced with airports as much as airstrips/fields, so i wasn't sure when i heard about the vertical aeropace boundaries at airports. THis gave me an idea. Find the highest one and try to fly over it . I heard that the highest one is at 80,000 feet. If this is true, could i try doing it

Alan Sutherland
Posted
Posted

You could try that if you really wanted. But why bother doing it on VATSIM as you would miss all the controllers online??!!

Alan Sutherland

ROvACC Training Director

VATEUD TD vACC Support Manager

[email protected]

Nicholas Sollazzo 1040387
Posted
Posted

What goes up must come down. True, ATC stops at FL600 but you have to eventually come through ATC's zone to get to the ground. And it's not that bad to be under ATC's watchful eye. Besides, if you really don't want to bother with ATC, just fly low altitude VFR into and out of non-towered small airports and you'll never have to hear a peep from anyone.

James Flynn 1043500
Posted
Posted
Besides, if you really don't want to bother with ATC, just fly low altitude VFR into and out of non-towered small airports and you'll never have to hear a peep from anyone.
it's not that i want to get out of the way, but just to a) acheive it and b) have it logged on vataware

• 2 weeks later...
James Flynn 1043500
Posted
Posted

"...ATC stops at FL600..."

woo look in the general screenshots space, i made it to 70,000