You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZAU Angels, 24 Hours of ATC to celebrate life!

Matthew Bartels

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted (edited)

ZAUAngelsLogo.jpg

The unpredictability of life could put any of us in a position of need. Accidents can happen at any moment that leave you or loved ones without the resources to receive medical attention or make it back home. What would anyone do in this situation?

Imagine if a group of volunteer pilots were available to fly you anywhere in the country to receive top of the line medical care. Imagine if these volunteer pilots could take you on one last trip to see your family on the other coast. Angel Flight Central does all this and more. These pilots, out of the goodness of their hearts, selflessly give up their time and resources to fly children and others all across the country so that they can receive the best in medical treatment and have a chance at a fulfilling life. But, they can not do it alone.

The Chicago ARTCC is sponsoring a 24 hour Control-a-thon to celebrate life and help Angel Flight with their mission. We welcome all pilots to fly in between 1900 Central Time on March 7th and 1900 Central Time on March 8th (1z-1z). You have the opportunity to help a child receive the care they need and instill the love of aviation in the leaders of tomorrow.

We kindly ask for any help you are willing to give us for this cause. Angel Flight Central will be collecting donations via their secure website found here https://app.etapestry.com/hosted/Angel%20Flight%20Central/OnlineGiving.html. Donors are kindly asked to select ARTCC in the “introduced to Angel Flight byâ€

Edited by Guest

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Greg Marcoux 980029
Posted
Posted

An awesome event ZAU! Excellent idea!

Brian Beach 915973
Posted
Posted

Great! Going for that Iron Mike for charity, eh?

Brian Beach

VatsimPHP Developer: http://www.bbflights.com/VatsimPHP/

AFA Detroit Hub Director: http://www.flyafa.com/

userbar603862kx9.gif

Adam Hulse
Posted
Posted

Very neat idea for a great cause.

Adam Hulse

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

bump

• 2 weeks later...
Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Less than a week before vatsim helps change the lifes of those in need! keep the donations coming!!!! Thanks to all who have already pledged their support

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Less than 24 Hours til ZA & U help change the lives of those in need! I can barely contain myself!

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

YOU GUYS ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was sooooo much fun! I had ATC all the way from Denver into Chicago. Matt, I think you controlled me, but I'm not actually sure. I know Alex and AJ did, though, and boy were they great. Everything went flawlessly except for those lost pilots...haha. This is the first flight I've done in a while and it was a great experience. Kudos to all. And Alex, sorry I had to switch to the ATIS while reaching the end of your airspace. My iFDG panel doesn't support the "both" feature of the comms radio. Christian was all over me for it . I wanted to leave some feedback, but I can't get to your site/forums so I posted it here. Once again, awesome work.

FFT546

Alex Vainer 929287
Posted
Posted
YOU GUYS ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was sooooo much fun! I had ATC all the way from Denver into Chicago. Matt, I think you controlled me, but I'm not actually sure. I know Alex and AJ did, though, and boy were they great. Everything went flawlessly except for those lost pilots...haha. This is the first flight I've done in a while and it was a great experience. Kudos to all. And Alex, sorry I had to switch to the ATIS while reaching the end of your airspace. My iFDG panel doesn't support the "both" feature of the comms radio. Christian was all over me for it . I wanted to leave some feedback, but I can't get to your site/forums so I posted it here. Once again, awesome work.

FFT546

No problem about switching for the ATIS, I'm glad you requested it instead of just switching. Thanks for the feed back! Hope to see you in Chicago soon.

Alex "AV" Vainer C1

Los Angeles ARTCC

Juhyun Park 1044978
Posted
Posted

I was UAL6588 and my internet disconnected(as it does sometimes) during the approach into Chicago from Milwaukee in a 737-500 very close to the airport and I'm now really upset. I'm gonna try again tomorrow. This computer is a laptop with wireless internet.

UAL5861.gif

VATKOR Division