You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unauthorized Client Software

Ryan Guffey 956726

Ryan Guffey 956726
Posted
Posted

Ive seen some posts about this message for the pilot clients but not for VRC. But it just keeps happening. It just started last week, and I know another controller its been happening too and started around the same time. I get the message and if I have ATIS up, it will kick that. Or sometimes it will kick that and me from the network

VATSIM Supervisor

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What server are you using? Have you tried another server?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alan Chamberlin 814960
Posted
Posted

I too have been getting "Unauthorized client software" disconnects as well as "Voice ATIS connection error: Unauthorized client software" frequently over the last few days. In all cases, I was on the USA-W server. Nothing significant has been changed on my setup (that I know of), so I expect the server is responsible, and not the software.

Anyone know for sure?

[EDIT] Seeing the current problems with the VATSIM data server, and problems Luca is trying to resolve, I wonder if that's related to this problem.

814960.jpg

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

I've been getting this the last couple of weeks as well. Various servers. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. All of a sudden I'm just dumped for "unauthorized client software". I'm able to reconnect fine right away.

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Richard Walls 935359
Posted
Posted

I started getting this message late last week. I checked the VRC website forum and there was a suggestion (along with other suggestions) to log into a different voice server. I moved from USA-W to USA-S3 and that seemed to have solved the problem.

Rich

935359.png

Ryan Guffey 956726
Posted
Posted

ya its been on USA-W. Ill try another server tonight and see what happens

VATSIM Supervisor

Alan Chamberlin 814960
Posted
Posted
I started getting this message late last week. I checked the VRC website forum and there was a suggestion (along with other suggestions) to log into a different voice server. I moved from USA-W to USA-S3 and that seemed to have solved the problem.

Rich

I too switched to USA-S3 server after having the same problems on USA-W last night. I was on for better than two hours with no disconnects after switching.

814960.jpg

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted

I have seen this problem too on where suddenly the targets all start to "coast" then either I get disconencted or on some occasions I will get reconnected without disconnection. The issue however is not isolated to W but also on S3 and Oceanic too so am not sure what is happening.

Whatever it is it makes for a very difficult time controlling especially when there are many targets to control. Oh well....still cant complain as it is such an amazing environment/simulation.

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Tom Seeley
Posted
Posted

I'm having this problem also, never saw it before today, but got it about five times today.

Happened on both USA-W and USA-SE servers, different ARTCC's, different times of the day.

Nothing in my setup has changed that I know of.

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

More strange server behavior. I've been flying for about 90 minutes. At some point I got disconnected from USA-W. So I reconnected, but changed to USA-S3. That was 30 minutes ago. But when I check servinfo, it shows me online for 90 minutes and still connected to USA-W.

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Thilo Berger
Posted
Posted

Good morning,

same with me. Voice Atis Connection Error, Unauthorized Client Software. Europe-CW and voice2.vacc-sag.org some minutes ago.....

Thilo

Michael Degroat 1012187
Posted
Posted

Add another to the list!

USA-W and USA-SE. The last day or so has been fine, but earlier in the week, I had the same problems.

(\__/)

(='.'=) Michael DeGroat

(")_(") AAL914

BUNNY

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

...and another!

Europe CW server is playing up - same error. Every 10 mins or so.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

No problem with Oceania!

955672.png

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

All of my fellow ZDV controllers have had this problem on USA-W. USA-S3 is functioning normally.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

To those of you having this problem, please try pinging the servers in ServInfo and post your results for the servers you are having trouble with (mainly USA-W it seems).

Thanks.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Aaron Cannata 811277
Posted
Posted

Pinged USA-W server with Servinfo and it was between 27 and 30 ms. When I have been disconnected in VRC, I simply reconnect to the same server and it appears to not happen again.

Your mileage may vary.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

I got disconnected from UK-1 and EUR-CW quite a few times in the past weeks. Latest event was last night. I tried first EUR-CW and got booted everytime I tried to connect. I got disconnected after about 5 to 20 seconds. I then switched to UK-1 and had no more problem. On other occasions (in January) I had similar problems with UK-1 *and* EUR-CW and had to switch to a completely different server, don't recall which one it was.

Client used: Euroscope 2.9h - 2.9j (2.9j last night).

Could not get any pings because I did not see your request for them.

Holger Illgen 941708
Posted
Posted

just had it, VRC 1.2.1, EUROPE-CW, average ping 54

Chris Thomas 959675
Posted
Posted

Hi Gents first post here . I have had this client software issue since at least the end of last year mainly with the European servers but i also get this message "errors no such callsign ( various callsigns ) " had them both last night while connected as an OBS to Europe-CW . I have had it if in a mentoring session then both myself and the mentor have had the callsign error at the same time I guess as we would normally both be connected to the same server and voice room

regards Chris

Hanspeter Rutschmann 85334
Posted
Posted

Similar (though not the same) story here: EU-CW Server VRC 1.2.1. ATC Connection not involved, but Voice ATIS disconnected after a few minutes with "unauthorized software". One click to reconnect was enough for the rest of the evening.

best regards,

HP.

Leader vACC Switzerland

?id=lsas,vfrtue,euroscope&vid=853347

Holger Illgen 941708
Posted
Posted

yesterday I had it on start of session and for the first time in the midst of a session, E-CW again, average ping 58ms on 2nd occasion

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

I had that problem few times recently with in the last weeks if i remember correctly it happened on Europe server and once one of the US ones

it also Happened on the sweat box Server ya i remember it happened on it while performing a training for a new controller I was idle for few minutes when it happened !!

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

Small note = I also get 'unauthorized client software' when connecting to EUROPE-CW, and when I connect to -CE it works without any problems.

Frank Julsing 987936
Posted
Posted

VRC 1.2.1

Connected as OBS, "Unauthorised software" today several times on Europe-CW, UK-1 and USA-SW

Pings in ServInfo were all in 'green' range.

Thanks,

Frank

Have a nice day