You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Leap day

Martin Loxbo

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

It seems that vRoute doesn't recognize that 2008 is a leap year and that there is actually a February 29! In the event calendar there is Thursday 28 February, and the next day is Saturday 1 March - Friday has disappeared.

Is it possible to fix this as we are planning an event in Stockholm on the leap day?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Indeed the number of days per month was fixed and I did not remember that 2008 is a leap year.

I increased it to 29 and I must roll it back to 28 before 2009. To forcefully refresh the application, go into events calendar and press F5.

I'm leaving now for a week of vacation, so please submit any events ASAP, ideally before 0830Z.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Hi Michal,

I'm able to upload at the earliest this evening. Does this mean that the event won't be published in time?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

• 2 weeks later...
Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Correct. Sorry I couldn't help.

Michal

vroute.net founder

• 3 years later...
Nikita Kapko 1015297
Posted
Posted

In 2012 the leap day is still missing! Must use another booking source. Can you correct it for all next years at once?

vaccua_baner.jpg

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

interesting i can book a flight for the 29th but not ATC

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

thats because - as you can see - it's a totally different calendar. It does not even look similar.

Back in 2008 when I just manually updated the calendar for leap year I though "well, no way this code would be still alive in 2012!". I see I was wrong. I have now updated the code so that it will run properly until 2096 (will be wrong in 2100 as it is not a leap year).

Sorry for the problem.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted
thats because - as you can see - it's a totally different calendar. It does not even look similar.

Hadn't even bothered to look that closely....thank you for the update and VRoute is still the best money i've spent on this hobby in a very long time

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Back in 2008 when I just manually updated the calendar for leap year I though "well, no way this code would be still alive in 2012!". I see I was wrong. I have now updated the code so that it will run properly until 2096 (will be wrong in 2100 as it is not a leap year).

Sorry for the problem.

Michal

We'll be referring back to this post 2100 then when it doesn't work?

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

That will be your problem, not mine . I'd be 120-something y.o. by then and I'm sure I'll already forget what javascript was like...

Michal

vroute.net founder

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted
That will be your problem, not mine . I'd be 120-something y.o. by then and I'm sure I'll already forget what javascript was like...

Michal

and vRoute will be vGalaxy.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3