You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

sticky mouse on pmdg problem

paul westcott

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

good day to you all,

i just bought the pmdg yesterday 6/700 and since its bn installed my mouse is freezin terribly, even as i am trying to write this, - the problem is only when i am in the pmdg, - every 3-4 seconds my cursor dissapears and comes back after about 4 seconds, as i say its only when in the pmdg,

any help would be much appreciated as it is quite intolerable, -even as i write this my text doesnt come up right away.

specs core 2 e6850 3.0

p5ne32sli mobo

2 gig ram

250 hdd

apparently im only using half my processor, so any ideas????

thanks

edit : i am also running active cam and vasfmc

paul

newironmic.jpg

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Paul,

Whilst not answering your query, why would you run vasFMC at the same time as the PMDG?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

hi norman,

ive only just bought it and i dont know how to fly it yet, and if i put the airport im going to into vasfmc, i know roughly how far away i am.

actually its like its the same thing thats happening like before when i tried to fly offline and go on tower at the same time,

ive read a few bits about frame rates and stuff and dont think pmdg has hit me that hard actually, its a bit strange to explain.

newironmic.jpg

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Sometimes addons simply conflict, so it would be nice to know if this happens without vasFMC.

As an example, I know of a freeware TCAS dll loads itself when FS runs. Without the dll I get super frame rates in my PSS 757/777 yet with the dll installed (which isn't used by the PSS aircraft) frame rates dive to nil.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

yes norman,

it is doing it without vasfmc or any other addons running, and strangely it is not doing it when in the 737 700

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

ok ive posted in the pmdg forum also, and to add it seems to do it when i open up the overhead, undock it and move it to another window.

newironmic.jpg