You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking for moderators

Michal Rok

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I just came back from one week of vacation and discovered 719 route additions and changes waiting for approval. It made me realize that the job I was doing on a daily basis is not a one man job anymore. I'm therefore looking for volunteers to help me with moderation. Apart from spare time, candidates must have significant experience with vroute database of routes (i.e. three stars in profile or more).

Michal

vroute.net founder

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Micheal,

I have contiously been adding routes to vRoute and I had 4 stars and now I only have 1?

Otherwise Im more then interested!

955672.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

The task is actually relatively simple - you look up a website, where all submissions are shown, and your job is to click "accept" or "reject" according to what you see . Details about the decision making process will be supplied to selected candidates.

Johnathon - I found only one account with your PID 955672 and it has 12 routes accepted and 1 rejected. This is by far not enough to get 4 stars, so I'm wondering what is the email address or PID that you used before?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted
The task is actually relatively simple - you look up a website, where all submissions are shown, and your job is to click "accept" or "reject" according to what you see . Details about the decision making process will be supplied to selected candidates.

Johnathon - I found only one account with your PID 955672 and it has 12 routes accepted and 1 rejected. This is by far not enough to get 4 stars, so I'm wondering what is the email address or PID that you used before?

Michal

I havnet used any others I doont believe, but all I know is that I did have at least 3 or 4 and the next day I had none. Anyway Ill just add heaps of routes!

Thanks!

955672.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted
I havnet used any others I doont believe, but all I know is that I did have at least 3 or 4 and the next day I had none. Anyway Ill just add heaps of routes!

Let's see how many of them will I accept

Michal

vroute.net founder

Miika Asunta 961956
Posted
Posted

Why not delegate route approvals to local VACC staffs? They should have the best knowledge of local airways and valid routes.

Miika Asunta

Technical Services Manager

VACC Finland

Mark Thornton
Posted
Posted

Wow I didn't realise you were doing it all on your own Michal!

I'm keen to get involved but I can't find these 'stars' that you are talking about It's probably starting me in the face!

Thanks,

Mark

tfv1054.gif

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

I am willing to moderate routes submitted for Africa as I control (VATSIM) there and have some knowledge of the area. I often find pilots flying well outside of the airways while on enroute control.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Mark - you certainly have enough stars . 127 accepted routes - that puts you in the top 0.1% of all vroute users.

@All: there's no such thing as "local" moderation. You can't moderate routes for a VACC or for a continent. This is because each route starts and ends in two different places, and overflies some more. I can't send each route for acceptance to 10 different people in sequence just because it is from London to Bangkok...

Michal

vroute.net founder

Mark Thornton
Posted
Posted

Thanks Michal. In that case, count me in!

Where are these stars though?? I have to find them or they'll drive my insane

Mark.

tfv1054.gif

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

I Agree with what other people are saying, you need a diversity of people moderating your route database, people that specialize in different regions, North America, South America, Europe, etc...

Why have a guy that flies mainly in Australia, adding in routes for Canada, when he has no idea?

Yeah it's not going to be perfect, but I think you should try to pick from a wide range of expertise, maybe have the europeans leave the North American routes to someone in that area.

Just a suggestion.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Somehow I'm doing the moderator job without excellent knowledge of Canada, Australia etc. I don't want to complicate the system further. I used to follow the path of having local moderators (in EUroute times) and it was too complex to be managed in real life. When there's 1 route per week for a specific country, I would spend less time accepting that route myself than making sure that folks from the respective VACC will do their job in a timely manner.

Kimmo: The guy from Finland is unlikely to know Frankfurt at the same time.

Mark: log on, click on your profile (flight details / ATC session details) and the stars will be next to your name.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Mark Thornton
Posted
Posted

Michal or anyone that knows,

Are we talking about within the vroute application here for the stars? I can't find profile within it...only thing I though it might be under was configuration but theres nothing there.

Mark.

tfv1054.gif

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Mark,

yes, we're talking of vroute, When you click on any flight or ATC for details, you can see some stars next to the name of the pilot/controller, if that person is a vroute user and has submitted some routes in the past. The number of stars is in relation to the number of such contributions.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Mark Thornton
Posted
Posted

Aha! Now I see them.

Thanks

Mark.

tfv1054.gif

Mark Thornton
Posted
Posted

I've got a bad feeling that I have cleared my data as I currently have no stars - i reinstalled Vroute to try and find the 'profile page', turns out I didn't need to though!

My offer of becoming a moderator still stands though Michal.

Thanks,

Mark.

tfv1054.gif

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Make sure that you use the same email as before during all new installations. This way all of your personal settings (vatsim id, stars, preferences, friends, communities, airac cycle) will be recovered automatically.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Mark Thornton
Posted
Posted

Yeah i've got the same communities, friends etc but no stars next to my name. Ah well, you've confirmed I have enough to meet the criteria

Mark.

tfv1054.gif

Arunas Stankevicius 843737
Posted
Posted

Michal... what is my rate in terms of starts?

Best regards

Arunas

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Arunas, let's say that your application will be reviewed on exceptional basis . 90% of your contributions were back in EUroute times, so they did not count...

Michal

vroute.net founder

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Correct. As long as the submission was approved.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Arunas Stankevicius 843737
Posted
Posted

I don't like exceptions except if it is better for me I don't understand why work what was done for EURoute doesn't count if it isd still useful... but. So. Michal, you can count me in if you need.

Best regards

Arunas

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

It counts - in a way that I appreciate the work everyone did. For technical reasons, since EUroute and vroute do not share the user database, the "stars" in vroute do not reflect your submissions in EUroute.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Thanks to everyone who offered help. The "recruitment" is now over and I'm happy to welcome Mark Richards and Mark Thornton as two new moderators.

Michal

vroute.net founder