You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC turns very laggy.

Daniel Oordt

Daniel Oordt
Posted
Posted

Hey guys

I was observing on VRC tonight and my VRC started acting very laggy. Typing in the text box was lagged and so was moving around on the screen. Sometime its good but lately it has been lagged. Hope I can get some help.

Daniel

Daniel Oordt - OD

• FIR Chief - CZVR Vancouver

//// United Airlines. It's Time To Fly.

banner.png

In loving memory of Dominic Durden

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

I've always wanted to know this myself... can the size of the sector have the tendency to slow VRC down a bit? The sector I use in Winnipeg is able to show me Canada's east and west coasts and I can see as far south as LAX if not farther which makes it a HUGE sector. If that is possible, maybe try editing the sector and deleting useless fixes?

Some one please correct me if I'm wrong.

Joshua Black

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The size of the sector (in square miles) has no impact on lag. The more stuff that is drawn (especially text) can increase the amount of CPU time that VRC uses.

Doesn't sound like this is Daniel's issue, though. Daniel, all I can suggest is that you check the Task Manager, on the Processes tab, and see what is consuming your CPU time. You can sort by CPU by clicking on the column header.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Daniel Gomes
Posted
Posted

Ross,

I also have that kind of problem… sort of… When I start VRC, 90% of the CPU time is consumed by VRC. Needless to say that all the rest gets so slow, voice include, that it becomes impossible to use VRC.

This problem is independent of the sector file by himself. The behaviour, either I use my local VACC sector or one from Eurocontrol, the result is still the same.

Glad I have 2 computes and I can use the “oldâ€

Daniel Gomes

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It would be helpful to post system specs ... including video card manufacturer and driver version.

Daniel Gomes
Posted
Posted

Ross,

Apologies for the delay. Been away for a few days. Will send specs as soon as I get home.

Cheers,

Daniel Gomes

Daniel Gomes
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Here goes,

Processor:PIV 3.3GH

Memory : 2GB

Video: GF6800GT 256Mb

Video driver: Nvidia 6.14.11.6928

Hard Drive: maxtor 350Gb SATA

Windos XP SP2

MB: ASUS P4P800

Cheers,

Daniel Gomes

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I have no idea ... something's obviously not playing nice with VRC. All I can suggest is to try upgrading to the latest video AND sound drivers.

Daniel Gomes
Posted
Posted

Will try that. Tks Ross.

As I have other computer, that works well with VRC, i'm not to worried about. It was nice to have the "main" computer working with VRC, but ....

Regards,

Daniel Gomes

Daniel Oordt
Posted
Posted

Ok I think I have a solution for this. For me, VRC couldn't take the extra anti-aliasing booster program I used for FS9 which was nHancer. I now just turn off the the anti-aliasing (or set it very low) for FS9 when im controlling and every thing runs good. I know it has something to do with Anti-Aliasing.

Hope this helps

Daniel

Daniel Oordt - OD

• FIR Chief - CZVR Vancouver

//// United Airlines. It's Time To Fly.

banner.png

In loving memory of Dominic Durden