You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mark Your Calendars -- 9th Annual Boston Tea Party

Jason Herman 911755

Jason Herman 911755
Posted
Posted

Be sure to mark your calendars and clear the day off -- before you know it, the 9th Annual Boston Tea Party will be just around the corner! This year's annual event will be held July 19, 2008 live from the Daniel Webster College campus in Nashua, NH from 12:00 PM - 8:00PM EDT (1600z - 0000z). As many seasoned VATSIM pilots can attest to, this exclusive event is the most thrilling, interactive of them all. With the opportunity to receive payware prizes from our sponsors and to be a part of the thousands of operations handled by our finest controllers, who wouldn't love to join us in the fun? This year's event will feature over 25 of our controllers together in Nashua and many of our other dedicated controllers and staff members logging on from home.

teaparty2008.png

Please click the above logo and check out our Boston Tea Party 2008 page with all of the event information including Airport Poker rules and prizes, preferred routes, photos of previous Tea Party events, an exclusive Traffic Management Unit (TMU) page dedicated to this particular event, and even a site to check the current Airport Poker standings to see where you place live during the event. Check this page often for updates on all aspects of the event, including additional sponsors and prize information.

We look forward to your participation in our event this year and wish you the best of luck in the game of Airport Poker. Please don't hesitate to post any questions, comments, or even suggestions we may be able to integrate into the Boston Tea Party 2008.

"HN"

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

Alway's an outstanding event....

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

I'm with Jeff....this is consistently one of the best events on VATSIM.

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted

Any event which begins with the ATM of the Boston ARTCC arguing about the best way to vector aircraft down final, can't be all that bad.

Of course said argument was at 4:30 am the morning of the event (after being kicked out of the hotel bar some hours ago). Said ATM would stand up and start "flying around" the room at the Holiday Inn with arms extended making propeller noises to illustrate his point. For a touch of realism, the inclusion of an empty bottle of Jack Daniels's in one hand, and an empty bottle of Scotch in the other to represent conflicting traffic complimented the demonstration. I can only [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the stumbling was an emphasis on the effects of wake turbulence.

This was where I learned that you don't argue with a drunk Irishman. Especially when slurred phrases such as "Listen, once he calls the bottle in sight, you clear him for the visual" get uttered.

So yes, one of the best events on VATSIM every year (at least from a controller's perspective, I've never flown during one, I'll leave other to comment).

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

LOL

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted
Any event which begins with the ATM of the Boston ARTCC arguing about the best way to vector aircraft down final, can't be all that bad.

Of course said argument was at 4:30 am the morning of the event (after being kicked out of the hotel bar some hours ago). Said ATM would stand up and start "flying around" the room at the Holiday Inn with arms extended making propeller noises to illustrate his point. For a touch of realism, the inclusion of an empty bottle of Jack Daniels's in one hand, and an empty bottle of Scotch in the other to represent conflicting traffic complimented the demonstration. I can only [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the stumbling was an emphasis on the effects of wake turbulence.

This was where I learned that you don't argue with a drunk Irishman. Especially when slurred phrases such as "Listen, once he calls the bottle in sight, you clear him for the visual" get uttered.

So yes, one of the best events on VATSIM every year (at least from a controller's perspective, I've never flown during one, I'll leave other to comment).

LOL! Good times

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Jason Herman 911755
Posted
Posted

That was a long night. Interesting, no doubt, but long. Wish we had a video of that.

"HN"