You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope crashing

Yanis Sauve

Yanis Sauve
Posted
Posted

Hello guys..

ES keeps crashing on my computer, but only on my computer. Here's how I do it: I'm on a 2 screens config, 2 sound cards, one for my headset, the other for the rest of the sounds, working Ottawa Approach, and using the multiple record ATIS. I can connect to the network just fine, and connect the voice ATIS. ES crashes 9 times out of 10 under these circomestances: Either the ATIS changes and I guess it's when the ATIS module re-creates the voice atis from the wavs, or if I simply stop and restart multiple record playback manually, or use the "Test URL" button to have it regenerate the text ATIS. When I use "Test URL", I can see the Multiple record playback turning grey and black again, but sometimes, it takes longer, I get an hourgl[Mod - Happy Thoughts], and ES crashes.

Here's what I tried so far:

- Using a completely different ATIS wav set that is known to work properly on another computer.

- Running with only one screen

- Reinstalled ES

- Reinstalled ES in another location

- Format and reinstall Windows XP completely

- Tried both wav and DirectSound for both my sound cards in voice setup

- Changed my headset sound card.

Does anybody have other ideas I could try?

Gegerly, is there anything I could do to collect some debug data, or something I could check to gather some more information?

Thanks

"Taking off is a choice... Landing is a necessity..." -Unknown

---

8942.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Yanis,

Contact me on [email protected] to fix a time when we both have 2-3 hours for testing. Unfortunately I do not have any general idea from the description.

Gergely.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 3 weeks later...
Yanis Sauve
Posted
Posted

Good news everybody, I found the problem... My computer was the culprit... Now sure why, but now I updated it (I needed a new computer anyways ), and ES does not crash anymore...

Many thanks to Gegerly again for your help... It was much appreciated...

Yanis

"Taking off is a choice... Landing is a necessity..." -Unknown

---

8942.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Yanis,

Great news. Thanks for the update.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer