You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FPCG

Chavelet Stanislas 933603

Posted
Posted

Hi all,

We are not controlling in French Pacific territory from a long time.

As you may know, Jean-Louis and myself are very busy to create and developing the new French vACC. It is a big works !

But we dont forget South Pacific region, and when we can (asap I wish), we will come back on our favourit island: Tahiti & society island, New Calédonia, etc...

For the moment, I change our adress website due to some difficulties with my FAI.

You can find this new website here: http://stanislaschavelet.free.fr/

Dont be affraid, it's in build, English translation will come when I have time, but you can find my scenery and other little information easy.

Just to knows:

What is our new statue in VATOCE ? Is rules for French visiting controller have changed on Oceania area ? Are we need to have the Oceanic endorsment to take Nadi or NTAA FIR yet ?

Cheers

Stan Chavelet

French vACC event coordinator

Jeff Smith 900591
Posted
Posted

Bonjour Stan

Long time I haven't heard from you. Glad to know you are still showing interest. There have been alot of inquiries for ATC in French Polynesia and I have been directing them to your website. In regards to Oceanic control (NTTT_FSS), nothing has changed at this time. You still need to be certified in an FSS position in VATPAC or VATNZ before you can open Tahiti Radio. As from our last online conversation regarding this over a year ago, I still do not know how to address this in your case, since you're home division is France vACC. I will need to do some further research and get back to you.

Jeff Smith, VATOCE2

VATSIM OCEANIA

Deputy RD

http://www.worldflight.com.au

vatoce_logo60.jpg

atc2o.png

Jeff Smith 900591
Posted
Posted

Stan

Good News. For an endorsement on Oceanic control (FSS) send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

Full name:

VATSIM ID Number:

VATSIM Email Address:

Home City:

I require: Access to the Moodle training module for Oceanic Course

Upgrade from » to: Oceanic Endorsement

Also explain that you are a visiting controller from France vACC

Be prepared for an intense training course and all material and support will be provided by VATPAC.

Good Luck in France and with the Oceanic Endorsement. Contact me if you need help with the course.

Jeff Smith, VATOCE2

VATSIM OCEANIA

Deputy RD

http://www.worldflight.com.au

vatoce_logo60.jpg

atc2o.png

Posted
Posted

Pleased to read you again Jeff.

Thanks a lot for thoses informations. I will see how & when we be back.

I keep your message, thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Jean-Louis Richon
Posted
Posted

Hi,Jeff

I read you with pleasure.

Please can you explain the tests for Océanic Endorsement :

Written Test and Practical Test ?

Cheers

Jean louis

image_forum_vatfrance_1582109199_mod-1cdf271a08624f3ce2a10ee81f67f5b9-lining-up-commercial-aircraft.jpg

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Hi Jean,

The OCEANIC MOODLE test is a self teaching course that you can do at your leasure. The resource material for study is extensive and all subjects are covered.

When you feel you are ready to complete the test you access the MOODLE Test pages and start the exam. You must complete the exam within a certain time limit and many of the questions have multiple choice answers and some require a written response.

When completed you will need to contact the training department and they will then discuss any further requirments with you.

You must have a C1 or higher rating to conduct OCEANIC procedures in OCEANIA (previously S3)

Kind regards

Terry Scanlan

Jean-Louis Richon
Posted
Posted

Thanks,Terry.

I will mail to [email protected] and try.

Kind regards

Jean louis

image_forum_vatfrance_1582109199_mod-1cdf271a08624f3ce2a10ee81f67f5b9-lining-up-commercial-aircraft.jpg