You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox 1.0.2b1 now available

Wade Williams 877539

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

XSquawkBox 1.0.2 b1 is now available for Macintosh and Windows. We are still sorting out some issues with the Linux build and hope to have it posted next week.

Only VATSIM is supported.

Changes:

Fixes a data corruption bug, sometimes resulting in spurious disconnects

Fixes a bug that prevented buttons with high-number identifiers from being [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned

Removes the all-caps restriction from the Real Name field of the Connect dialog

Adds a ".wx" alias for the ".metar" command

Adds a keybinding to hide/show the "Who's Online" window

Adds the controller's real name to the Who's Online" window

Adds a "Reply to Last PM" keybinding which automatically opens the text entry window, and prepends ".msg "

Added a "Cycle Last Reply" function. After pressing the "Reply to Last PM" keybinding, you can hit the Tab key to cycle between the people who have sent you PM's

Added a text entry history function. When the text entry window is open, hit up-arrow and down-arrow to cycle between the last 10 messages you sent

Let me know if you have questions.

http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xsb/download.php

Mike Cassel 849958
Posted
Posted

Wade,

You Rock! I'm so glad that someone has finally improved XSquawkBox even a little, and anyone who spends 5 minutes improving VATSIM(forums not included) has my enduring thanks and respect.

I'll be sure to test this out when I take a flight tonight!

Thanks again Wade,

Mike C[Mod - Happy Thoughts]el

CS13_Sig_E.jpg

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

*wipes away a tear*

Beautiful.

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

Outstanding Wade!

Can't wait to try it and a huge Thanks in advance!

I love the features described in your post - very thoughtful!

Ian.

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

Brian Ratledge 962606
Posted
Posted

Wade, thank you so much! I can't wait to try it.

ZLA Director of Pilot Relations

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

• 1 month later...
Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

Wade,

Updated my XP9 over the weekend and took to the skies for the first time in 3 months. Naturally I downloaded and installed the new XSB.

A few comments:

> Adds a keybinding to hide/show the "Who's Online" window

Brilliant!

> Adds the controller's real name to the Who's Online" window

Not super necessary but very nice to have!

> Adds a "Reply to Last PM" keybinding which automatically opens the text entry window, and prepends ".msg "

Brilliant!

Only problem I had was the text. I'd like to change the default location and width of the text window as it covers up my frequently used FPS data output.

More important was the font size. I run Xplane on a single monitor in 1680x1050 resolution. I'm only 37 years old and in good health - yet for the life of me I CAN NOT read the text. Is there a way to either change the font or control the font size?

Aside from that - flew around and absolutely loved it. If I had to ask for any features it would probably have something to do with the COM frequencies. It would be VERY nice to be able to connect to a secondary text only frequency. Often while flying on the advisory frequency it is nice to tune into other frequencies. Sometimes simply because it is more exciting, other times because it is useful to hear how busy a frequency is, listen to an ATIS, etc before changing to that frequency.

Thanks again.

Ian Elchitz

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Wade,

Any chance of having com1 and com2 active (receiving), with the transmission radio being determined by the existing com1/2 selector on existing panels? Obviously in the real world you can select which radio is being received (none, 1 or 2 or (1 and 2)), but the xplane core doesn't appear to support that. So, I'm making my suggestion based on what xplane appears to support under the covers.

This would allow you to receive ATIS while still monitoring the primary frequency.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Keith,

On my list for the next version is:

1) COM2 support (if possible, depending on complexity - haven't really researched it yet)

2) Real chat windows

3) Fix issue of window improperly rendered when using multiple screens

Of course there are other bigger ideas as well that I'll get to down the road - I have to take it in bite-sized chunks.

Ian - I'll also look into the font size, but since I've not looked at it yet, I'm hesitant to put it on the list as "definite."

Wade

Brian Ratledge 962606
Posted
Posted
Keith,

On my list for the next version is:

1) COM2 support (if possible, depending on complexity - haven't really researched it yet)

2) Real chat windows

3) Fix issue of window improperly rendered when using multiple screens

You da man Wade!

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

Roy Evans 1061333
Posted
Posted

How about the ability to move the 'Who's Online' box? It's always right above my ADI.

Roy Evans II

ZDV_RE, C1

Brian Ratledge 962606
Posted
Posted
How about the ability to move the 'Who's Online' box? It's always right above my ADI.
I dont mind that so much anymore since there is a key press to turn it on and off.

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

Bradley Podd 856945
Posted
Posted

Click and drag, it works

• 4 weeks later...
Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

Here's a request; I hope it's easy. Right now, TAB shows and hides the text chat window. But not if the text-entry window has the focus.

Can the TAB key be made to show/hide the text chat window even when the text-entry window is displayed and has the focus?

ZLA Pilot Certs make your eyes bright, your teeth white, and childbirth a pleasure. Get yours today!

Brian Ratledge 962606
Posted
Posted

Wayne, If memory serves, the tab key toggles the last message sender callsign and the controller callsigns in the new xsb. Memory may not be serving though.

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

Brian, either you or I have non-default bindings. For me, TAB toggles the big ol' message window, * brings up the text-entry window with the last message sender callsign, and ENTER, if I recall, brings up the text-entry window with nothing in it.

ZLA Pilot Certs make your eyes bright, your teeth white, and childbirth a pleasure. Get yours today!

Brian Ratledge 962606
Posted
Posted

Wayne, I hit enter to bring up the text message box, then press tab to cycle through the controller list and last msg sender list. So i guess my memory was not serving too good.

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

I think the defaults are Tab for message window and enter toggles the message send window.

I'm not sure what the defaults are but I've binded F1 as last pm and the tilde as controller list toggle.

Ian Elchitz

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted
I think the defaults are Tab for message window and enter toggles the message send window.

I'm not sure what the defaults are but I've binded F1 as last pm and the tilde as controller list toggle.

You are correct.

Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

Ok, next request:

When in the text entry window, I want to be able to type some text, then hit ESC and have the text entry window go away, then hit ENTER and have it come back with my previously typed text still in place.

The reason for this request is this: If, when typing something, I need to use the keyboard to toggle an airplane control, I want to be able to interrupt my typing to do that, and then bring the text window back up and finish my typing.

This would necessitate that there be some easy way to clear the text in window, for those cases when I didn't really want to resume typing, but wanted to start anew.

• 3 weeks later...
Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

Beta timed out.

No worky no more.

So sad.