You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vroute.info future FAQ

Michal Rok

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Dear All,

Since there has been lately some confusion about the relationship between vroute.info (the "cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic", freeware), vroute.info premium (the new, payware) and VATSIM, let me present below a small set of Frequently Asked Questions together with my answers.

1. "Will you shut down freeware vroute now?"

Absolutely not! There's 20.000 people out there who enjoy it and I have no intention to take vroute.info away from them. What became freeware once will stay freeware forever, and you will be able to enjoy vroute.info tomorrow just like you did yesterday. I'm happy that I have a source of revenue that will enable me to keep paying for the freeware stuff, so that you could still enjoy it.

2. "Are you charging money for VATSIM resources or services?"

Absolutely not! vroute is actually saving considerable amount of VATSIM resources compared to other network information clients. This is because vroute server only downloads the data from server once (in each sampling period) and then the information is distributed to all vroute users byp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]sing VATSIM's infrastructure completely. In fact, your vroute.info program (be it cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic or premium) does not speak to VATSIM at all. All VATSIM services remain absolutely free, and you can access them using vroute.info or any other software tool available on the Internet.

3. "Are you charging money for the routes we submitted?"

No. The route database is shared between vroute.info cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic and premium. If you choose the premium version, you only pay for the additional, new stuff - and the core flight plan database remains free of charge, identical in both programs.

4. "I have a problem with the premium version, can I ask here?"

You should not. Instead, please follow the link to support forum which is in your Start menu. I don't want to use VATSIM's forum to speak about commercial products.

5. "Will you continue to support the freeware community with new features and improvements?"

Sure! I've been personally involved in the virtual aviation community since 1997 and I have no intention to change that.

best regards,

Michal Rok

vroute.net Founder

vroute.net founder

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Michal,

Excellent work and I am a prud user of vRoute. Your time and dedication to the project is second to none. I have no problem with paying for a new vRoute.

Regards,

Johnathon

955672.png

• 8 months later...
James Baumgartner 1079238
Posted
Posted

Hi,

V route is a fantastic program.

i have 1 question though;

Can you either make the fuel planning work on the free version or have demo on the premium version.

I used it the other day. it was fantastic but i was dissapointed that you had to have the premium version to use the fuel planner.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

It took me half a year of hard work to get the fuel planner to what it is now. I'm happy to offer you a demo of the premium version - but I have no intention of delivering fuel planning in freeware release, at least now. Please contact [email protected].

Michal

vroute.net founder