You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't start after installation - by Rolf Arne Beck

Rolf Arne Beck 979838

Rolf Arne Beck 979838
Posted
Posted

I get an error message when I try to start the software, after installation.

Rolf Arne Beck 979838
Posted
Posted

A reinstallation did the trick

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this is the same error, but I receive the following when starting the application:

EuroScope.exe - Cannot find startpoint

?CreateNew@CChxView@@UAEPAV1@XZ Startpoint for the procedure not available in the library for dynamic connections, CacheXDll.dll

Please note that the above error-message has been translated from national language to English, i.e. it may not correspond 100% to MS-language

A re-install (repair) did not solve this issue, neither did more reboots.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

Hans, did you try completely un-installing (through Control Panel -> Add-Remove Programs) and then Deleting the Euroscope folder from Program files, and only then installing Euroscope again? I had the same issues during beta, where it wouldn't work when I installed the new version over the old one. That might work for you too...

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Ivan,

No, I haven't, but I will certainly try. Thanks!

However, I will leave my error-message in the forum in case others come across the same issue

Will keep you posted if your proposed solution helps.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Ivan & All,

Indeed Ivan's proposal solved my issue, i.e. uninstalling the "corrupted" application, followed by deleting the old folder, and doing a new fresh install of version 3.0.

Under Control Panel, I found two EuroScope installs prior to uninstall, both the old and the new one, so it is obvious that installing the new version over an existing older version may create some local issues.

In addition, please note that the new version states v3.0, but the automatically created shortcut says 3.0a.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC