You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can not connect to VATSIM

Rolf Arne Beck 979838

Rolf Arne Beck 979838
Posted
Posted

Been trying to use the new 3.0a, but Im unable to connect the software to VATSIM. I'w filed out all the information, Callsign, Name, CID, P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, Server, etc. but when I press connect, all it says in the Status window is "Connected to VATSIM", 1,5 sec later it goes blank, nothing more happends and Im still not connected to VATSIM.

I'w opened port 6809 like the manual says, but that didn't make any difference. I'w tried different servers, but with the same resulte on everyone.

Anyone else haveing the same problem or know of a solution?

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Rolf,

If the connect dialog closes then the connection with the server is established. If you reopen the CONNECT dialog what do you see? Disconnected? Do you have any message from the SERVER? That could contain some more information why you were disconnected.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Rolf Arne Beck 979838
Posted
Posted

The Connection window closes as soon as I press Connect, and the previous icon that said Connect, changes to a VATSIM logo. About 1.5sec later the icon goes back to the usual Connect icon.

Now if I press the VATSIM/Connect icon right after I'w pressed connect to open it again, I see all the options (Callsign, Name, CID, etc) are grayed out and the status bar says "Connected to VATSIM". But as soon as the 1.5sec have p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed, the statusbar goes blank, the options comes back just like it was before I pressed Connect.

Rolf Arne Beck 979838
Posted
Posted

Found the problem. My callsign was ENGM APP, when it should have been ENGM_APP