You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Virtual Memory help

Michael Oberg 855611

Michael Oberg 855611
Posted
Posted

I am not a computer expert by any means, however, I was on VRC and the computer said I need to increase my "Virtual Memory" I am running window XP, I went into system in the control panel and looked and my virtual memory was set to "custom" initail size 512 max 1215. There is a setting for "System managed size" ?? Any suggestions what sure be appreciated.

Mike

Michael Oberg

Daniel Gustin 940540
Posted
Posted

I used to get that all the time while using FS2004. I actually went out on Boxing Day and bought new RAM for my PC. On top on that I increased the amount my PC uses and now I can do a 5 stop round robin without any problems (major).

Daniel Gustin

VATEUD3 -Training Director Pilots

eud_logo.png

Come on kids! The more forum posts you have, the better!

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

There is the page file, which deals with the system managed memory. This is under Control panel > System properties > Advance > Performance > then Virtual memory. A lot of people have it set to system managed and it works fine for them.

I am not a computer expert by any means, however, I was on VRC and the computer said I need to increase my "Virtual Memory" I am running window XP, I went into system in the control panel and looked and my virtual memory was set to "custom" initail size 512 max 1215. There is a setting for "System managed size" ?? Any suggestions what sure be appreciated.

Make a note of what is is set at now, just in case you want to revert to how it was.

Videocard: GTX480

Processor: i7 core

Mainboard:

Memory:

Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium

PSU: CAIR 750W CMPSU-750TXUK

http://www.youtube.com/user/joolsd

Richard McLellan 1041084
Posted
Posted

I have my swap file set. I run 2 drive systems and the swap file is on the D drive. It is at 2Gb now and I might increase it.

Check this first. Open defrag and analyse the disk. How many green sections are there? If there is more than 1, set the size. When you set it and reboot, analyse again and hopefully it will be one green block.

I never use Windows Managed, always custom size.