You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Tower view for single monitor users

Alexander Cohrs

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Guys, Gergely,

after a long time of absence I am now ready to start controlling again and am just testing Euroscope 3.0. First of all: Great programm! The new Tower views works perfectly and makes ES now also a good choice for Tower/Ground controllers.

As a single monitor user, however, I had some problems due to the fact that the Euroscope windows isn't reziable and movable, so there was no place for my flight sim window showing the tower view. If someone else is experiencing this problem: I found a little tool that helps keeping the flightsim window always on top, so that it can be placed inside the ES window - i for example use the upper left corner for this purpose. The tool can be found here: http://abdussamad.com/archives/108-Keeping-a-window-always-on-top.html

Of course it's still not as convienient as having a real resizable ES window. For example, if you zoom in or out, your airport will tend to move to the center of the screen - in my case behind the flight sim window. So Gergely, if you could make the ES window reziable and movable, it would be a great help...

Kind regards

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Alex,

Thanks for the TIP. I am sure many of us can use it. The resizable window is already in the TODO list.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Great, I am very much looking forward to it.

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Was searching the forum if this item had been addressed earlier, and I am now pleased to see that I am not the only one struggling with ES's non-resizeable window. Am looking forward to this being fixed.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

• 3 weeks later...
Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

I have two monitors and now I have figured out how to get a second instance of Euroscope to work I can have my airfield zoomed in on one monitor and on the other I can see my radar sector, great.

for those of you who havent got a second monitor and might not be able to afford a new LCD, why dont you buy a CRT monitor, they are so cheap at the moment and the picture quality is equal to if not better than some lcd's.

You could pick up a 22" CRT for probably less than £50GBP, ok they do take up a lot of space but a heck of a lot cheaper than an LCD.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

• 7 months later...
Rodrigo Bastos 956101
Posted
Posted

Guys,

I have two monitors but I don't know how to move the ES window. I've downloaded the On top program, but I still can't do it.

Anyone can help me?

Tks a lot!

Regards,

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You can't move it like windows window, but you can re-size it, right click on the re-size button on the top right and select the way you want ES to be shown. You make it, let say left half, and you make that window your left I didn't explain it that good but you can get the idea

Rodrigo Bastos 956101
Posted
Posted

I have another problem..

I had opened another ES and moved it to the other monitor. After, I connected to VATSIM via proxy, but the scope remained gray and the connection was not made. What should I do to connect the second scope?

Regards,

Rodrigo

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Did you activate the proxy on the first session?

Was the first session connected? Connection to VATSIM via proxy does not activate the connection to VATSIM. It just connects the second session to the first one's proxy. You still need to connect the first one to VATSIM.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide