You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Emirates Virtual Airlines

Zeeshaan Shahid 963382

Zeeshaan Shahid 963382
Posted
Posted

As you may know up to now I am unable to see an "independent" Emirates Virtual. Therefore I took this oppurtunity to create a virtual flight simulator counterpart of a very good airline. Up tell now I have purchased the domain Emiratesva.org and am in the process of developing the website. I need all the help I can get. Specifically in fleet and creating a pirep system. If you guys can help please don't Hesitate to send me a pm.

Regards,

Zeeshaan Shahid

CEO/President/Founder.

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Hi Zeeshaan,

I love your enthusiasm, however have you seeked permission from Emirates to use their name publicly? Im sure of you do that, you'll have more chance to suceed.

Regards

955672.png

Zeeshaan Shahid 963382
Posted
Posted

Yes I received approval from them.

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

I look forward to your services through VATUAE.

955672.png

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

As does VATKU!

Zeeshaan Shahid 963382
Posted
Posted

I welcome everyones services in the near future. I'm currently in the development stage. If anyone would like to contribute I welcome anyone to PM me with your contribution.

Michael Lenzen 925851
Posted
Posted

Great news !!!

Deputy Director VATSIM Emirates vACC

http://vatjo.net/VATUAE

• 2 weeks later...
Brad Scarlett 863372
Posted
Posted
...creating a pirep system....

Regards,

Zeeshaan Shahid

CEO/President/Founder.

Rather than create a pirep system from scratch, have you looked at using one that other VA's are using? For example VA Financials at http://www.vafinancials.com/index.php.

Excellent idea for an Emirates VA. My wife flies Emirates quite often so it would be fun to fly virtually as well.

How would you expect your Emirates VA to differ from those alraedy out there, such as http://www.flyingtigersgroup.org/emirates/ ??

7814.png

Zeeshaan Shahid 963382
Posted
Posted

My diffrence would be that we are an "individual" virtual airline. Dedicated directly to the airline.

banner.gif

Emirates Virtual is hiring we are currently looking for the following positions!

UAE002-Vice President:

*Avaliable 5-7 Hours a week

*Preffered with experience in administration

*Administration skills

*Great Knowledge of Emirates

UAE003-Chief Operating Officer

*Administration skills

*Knowledge of PhpBB3 forum software and moderation.

UAE004-Director of Human Resources

*Administration skills

*Knowledge of PhpBB3 forum software and moderation.

*Knowledge of Webdesign, PHP, HTML

UAE006-Director of Fleet

*Administration skills

*Knowledge of painting

*Knowledge of Emirates Aircraft

*Experience with payware addons.

You can send your Resume with a little about yourself to "[email protected]"

Regards,

Zeeshaan Shahid

CEO/Founder/President

Emirates Virtual Airline

Virtual Emirates Group

Leslie Jarrett 913775
Posted
Posted

I am using Vadmin2 for my soon to be released airline ... it is free but requires a web host with PHP/MYSQL as it uses a database with several tables. There is VABASE which is payware but looking at the forum for that site not all customers seem to be happy at present , however I think that may be due to some problem with releasing licence keys. They do have a demo site again this one use PHP/mysql as do most web based systems like this.

7628.png

Zeeshaan Shahid 963382
Posted
Posted

Regarding the pirep system since I do have the skills and resources to make my own I think its better for me to make it myself.

Brad Scarlett 863372
Posted
Posted
Regarding the pirep system since I do have the skills and resources to make my own I think its better for me to make it myself.

Sure, that is one option. I'm a software engineer and I understand that perspective. However consider that perhaps you could take the time you would invest into developing tha tool, and instead use it to build out the other aspects of the VA, expecially since it is a start-up. Pilots will need an incentive to come to your VA rather than the others.

7814.png

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Sure, that is one option. I'm a software engineer and I understand that perspective. However consider that perhaps you could take the time you would invest into developing tha tool, and instead use it to build out the other aspects of the VA, expecially since it is a start-up. Pilots will need an incentive to come to your VA rather than the others.

I think that that is Zasheens Incentive, have their own customised pirep system.

955672.png

Brad Scarlett 863372
Posted
Posted

I think that that is Zasheens Incentive, have their own customised pirep system.

Yep, you could be right. As a pilot however, this is a lower level incentive for me, as there are some good ones out there, for both individual pilots as well as VA/fleet. I'd rather have a VA that has a great route system, an easy way to grab flight to fly, great fleet for FS9 AND FSX, etc, which varies greatly among the existing VA's. Especially if it plugged into FSX as an add-on. Less 'admin' time means more flying time...

Anyway, its just my $.02 on the issue....

7814.png

Leslie Jarrett 913775
Posted
Posted

Firstly , yes it is a good idea and would make a good tool for any Virtual Airline to be able to let the pilots fly more and adminstration less. However there are some trade-offs.

(a) If you have an ACARS ssytem then you really need a good ISP and bandwidth as Flight simulator and the software will constantly be sending data packets over the internet to your admin system.

(b) not everyone has broadband internet so if already connected on-line to vatsim and to another acars collector could make some users connections seem very slow.

© You have to be able to handle connection errors do you allow a pilot to manually post a pirep.

(d) do you only want on-line pilots.

Secondly to have a good system there needs to be a compromise of automation and of pilots who fly with you.

(A) SAS virtual took that approach as I once was a member and they had software like a black box recorder that logged the flight(s) you made and then you sent them to their system at your own time. Thus you could fly on-line with vatsim or ivao or not at all and still record a flight with them.

(B) Some very good Virtual Airlines have something that I am going to be using in that the 'pilot' has to file his PIREP and the database keeps a track of things for me

© Pilots in my opinion are used to form filling on-line i.e. VATSIM flight plan etc.

The other thing with some of these automatic options is that they tend to tie the pilot down to set times and aircraft from a route and schedule. Yes they have their place if you want to emulate a real world airline as close to 100% bu that is not the case if your airline is fictional you can provide routes and schedules for pilots who want that fully or you supply a route and the pilot flies at his convenience in Flight SIM. I.e. if a schedule says departure is at 23:55 then an automatic system would require you to set the flight sim time to 23:55 as well i.e. synchronise. However if a flexible approach is taken then why not let the pilot fly the route at say 07:00 flight sim time.

The other important item is being able to cover special events . if automatic system is in place do you allow pilots to record hours on your VA if they are flying in a special event because your system does not have a route for this.

7628.png

• 3 months later...
Lukasz Kaluski 903052
Posted
Posted

CEO mail not working?

• 1 month later...
Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

There is another option for an online PIREP system that requires no user installation of software. The site is www.simmiles.com and VA partners have a full live online flight tracking systems. Check it out.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

• 2 weeks later...
Nermin Mujanovic 1007548
Posted
Posted

Does anybody know what happened with this process and if there is going to be anything out of it. I have started the same project but now I have it frozen since there is an individual already doing the same thing. I have tried contacting the CEO more than a month ago, but haven't got any reply yet.

Regards,

Nermin

Nermin Mujanovic

Pilot, SkyEast Airways Virtual

3423.png

c130_captain.gif

Tony Kovacs 958372
Posted
Posted

Looks like UAE Virtual went bankrupt before the web site was even uploaded. He did not respond to me either but it looks like a good VA to do.

Tony Kovacs

MOVCON - Movement Control Instructor

http://www.vatcaf.org

"Who Cares Who's the Best!"

Until heaven is open 24/7 just waiting for you to screw up this is all just a game.

• 4 months later...
Dillon Brown 1068778
Posted
Posted

I Have a Emirates Virtual Airlines.........................I need staff then we can open........would anyone like to help?

Thanks,

Dillon

banner.jpg

5099.png

• 1 year later...
Nermin Mujanovic 1007548
Posted
Posted

Yes,

I am interested, just either PM me, or send me an email at nermin.mujanovic[at]vaccbih.org, so we could discuss. I have some ideas that only need implementation, as I said in my previous post, I have started this project, a while back, but never got it up to speed, as I don't like to duplicate somebody elses work.

Thanks,

Nermin Mujanovic

Pilot, SkyEast Airways Virtual

3423.png

c130_captain.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Ryan Murphy 1055381
Posted
Posted

Hi i would be intrested in joining send me an email [email protected]

• 3 months later...
Ashraf Nouri Al-Zubaidi 11
Posted
Posted

I think the best thing to do is to get the airline up and running. So borrow what u can, once up and running u can design ur own!

• 1 month later...
Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

To throw a spanner in the works, check this out.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49994

Cheers!

955672.png

• 2 weeks later...
Josiah Marshall 985165
Posted
Posted

Hiya Johnathon, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys up and and running. I trust everything is still on schedule to open in November

http://vatuae.vatme.net/

vatme-sig-1.jpg

VATUAE1

Josiah Marshall - 985165

VATSIM Controller CTR3