You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New ATIS sound and METAR

Rolf Arne Beck 979838

Rolf Arne Beck 979838
Posted
Posted

I'w selected a soundfile as the sound to play when a New ATIS message (sound is played whenever a new automated ATIS notification is received) arrives, but when my voice ATIS autoupdates and goes to the next letter, no sound is played. I know the sound file works, since I can hear it when I test it by pressing the Play button in the sound selection menu.

If the New ATIS message is for something else, is it possible to get ES to give me a more clear indication thats theres a new ATIS, instead of just the METAR changeing color?

And is it possible to display the whole METAR on the screen somewere, even though you don't have room for it in the top right corner?

Sami Ylismaki 878340
Posted
Posted (edited)

Are you trying to listen to the ATIS via the ATIS panel or ATIS over 'listen to frequency'?

If you're trying to do the latter, in that case you can't listen to your own ATIS over the voice server, but you have to do that locally through the ATIS panel.

Edited by Guest

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Rolf,

The new atis sound is not played when you generate the message. It is intentional. I thought that the new METAR color and the ATIS letter on the toolbar is just enogh.

Currently you cab display the whole METAR only at the bottom message line.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Marcin,

Do you think that the runways are changed so often that it needs an automatic update?

Gergely.

EuroScope developer