You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Apologies to Alexandria Controllers

Joaquin Blanco

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Callsign MPH1017

Yesterday it was just one of those days when nothing went right with the sim. After having departed Athens for HEAX encountered

various problems with the throttle almost immediately after departure and right through the flight I experienced sudden loss of

speed which happened again during my 2 failed attempts to land. Although the runway is a bit short I have landed a 747 on it before,

but was very disappointed things didn't go well yesterday. Just couldn't manage the speed either manually or via autothrottle.

So in the end I disconnected, closed the sim and reinstalled my PMDG 747F and all worked prefectly afterwards. It's not the

first time I've had to reinstall the 747.

My thanks for your help and apologies for not being able to complete the event.

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

Dear Mr.Blanco

I am very sorry to hear the problems you have encountered during your flight however I wish you the best of luck in your next flights to HEAX,Alexandria Al Nozha Specially and All Other Egyptian Airports under control of VATEG ATCs

Hope to see you again in the Egyptian Skies

Blue Skies

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

Abdelrahman M. Elfeky 1044
Posted
Posted

well , i was pretty sure that you are a good pilot with more than 4000 hours flying , that would be a easy reason to land ... i hope you a good luck with you futher flight

one last note : i was montioring HEAX via my airport which is Borg al arab which is about 20 miles 8 o clock from HEAX , and i really known that a problem is going on in that big jet , so if you SQ'ed on 7700 and just turn to land on HEBA , that could helped you as there is an ILS/DME in HEBA .

anyway , good luck and hope to see you later in Egyptian skies , and if you needed any help then , just ask the tower is will handle it .. kidding

best regards ,,,

s5_logo.png

Mohamed Abd El Wahed 98315
Posted
Posted

Dear Mr.Blanco ,,

I am sorry to hear about your problems with landing but i hope next time you visit Egyptian FIR enjoy it more.

Mohamed Abd Al Wahed

VATEG [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Director,

Head Of Training Department

VATSIM Egyptian Division

http://vateg.egyptair-va.com

[email protected]

Mohamed Abd EL Wahed

EGvACC Director

VATSIM Supervisor

vpa334.png

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies, I'll definitely will come back to Egypt.

It was just one of those nasty days when nothing seems to work right.

Just like when after a 9 hour long haul just as you are about to land

you get the out of memory message or everything disappears from the

screen!

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco