You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Where do I get frequencies from?

Ray Lewis 953570

Ray Lewis 953570
Posted
Posted

I am having problems setting up a new copy of euroscope 3.0a to work. I have tested sound (mic and phone levels) and these check out ok. But in teh voice communication setup panel top window I do not see the list of frequencies as in the manual, just an empty window. How do I populate the window with some frequencies so I can select one and move on?

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

The list of frequencies is empty, unless you fill it with frequencies. You do that by filling out the fields on the bottom just as you would do it in VRC, and then you press "New" to add the station to the list. http://www.euroscope.hu/wiki/index.php?page=Voice_Communication_Setup

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Ray Lewis 953570
Posted
Posted

Is there really not a more efficient way of entering for example all the London Heathrow frequencies without having to manually enter them individually?

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Well, it's not that they have that much frequencies ... I think it took me less than 5 minutes to enter the ground frequencies including looking them all up.

If you think it's easier to edit your settings.txt file, do so and add this as voice section. Even though the radar frequencies are not included, so you'll have to add them yourself if you need them.

VOICE
AG:EGLL_TWR:118.500:voice1.vacc-sag.org:EGLL_D_TWR
AG:EGLL_A_TWR:118.700:voice1.vacc-sag.org:EGLL_A_TWR
AG:EGLL_N_GND:121.900:voice1.vacc-sag.org:EGLL_N_GND
AG:EGLL_W_GND:121.850:voice1.vacc-sag.org:EGLL_W_GND
AG:EGLL_S_GND:121.700:voice1.vacc-sag.org:EGLL_S_GND
AG:EGLL_DEL:121.970:voice1.vacc-sag.org:EGLL_DEL
AG:EGLL_ATIS:128.070:voice2.vacc-sag.org:EGLL_ATIS
END

But don't blame me if you break your settings file

With this it's like with several other things in ES: you first have to invest some time to configure ES, before it can start to make your every day controlling easier.

Stephan Boerner

Sami Ylismaki 878340
Posted
Posted

You need to post that as an idea to the Vatsim UK forum, that they would provide people with prepared frequency list that could be simply copy and pasted into EUS/VRC configuration files.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
Is there really not a more efficient way of entering for example all the London Heathrow frequencies without having to manually enter them individually?

And how you will do it with ASRC and VRC....??

Ray Lewis 953570
Posted
Posted

Thanks - but how would I know that the right server is vacc-sag.org ? I cannot see any reference to that in the manual, but I am pretty new to all this and maybe I just missed it. Is comms for all sectors supported on the same server?

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

There is no right server. The voice server is independent from the client. You use the same that you would use with VRC. vacc-sag is the one I use ... you can use whichever you want. This was just the voice part from my heathrow setup so you wouldn't have to do it yourself.

Stephan Boerner

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Ray, open ServInfo, go to Voice Servers Section, and ping every voice server to see which one is the best for you.