You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Simulator] Vectors

Spyros Demas 898093

Spyros Demas 898093
Posted
Posted

HI,

First I have to say IT'S THE BEST ATC TOOL I EVER HAD. Playing in the office offline with a simulator I noticed something strange. I had an aircraft heading (I entered that in the TAG) 09. When I change the heading to 360 the plane turns right making an orbit to get to 360 though I think it should turn Left. What should I do?

Kind regards

Spyros Demas

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

In the Heading menu you have two directions(up - counterclockwise and down- clockwise on the heading rose). You have chosen 090=>100=>110...and so on...just slide the options on the other site 090=>080=>070...

I'm not sure I explained it right

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

What Todor is trying to say is: Move the bar left to get to 360 and not right to 360

vatme-sig.jpg

Spyros Demas 898093
Posted
Posted

So If I understood well by what you said

In the TAG when I click the heading (HDG) if I increase the numbers from 90 100 110 klp the aircraft will turn right but if I decrease the numbers 90 80 60 the will turn right

Spyros Demas

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
So If I understood well by what you said

In the TAG when I click the heading (HDG) if I increase the numbers from 90 100 110 klp the aircraft will turn right but if I decrease the numbers 90 80 60 the will turn right <=left

Spyros Demas

Correct

• 2 weeks later...
Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted
In the Heading menu you have two directions(up - counterclockwise and down- clockwise on the heading rose). You have chosen 090=>100=>110...and so on...just slide the options on the other site 090=>080=>070...

I'm not sure I explained it right

Just to clarify up = left and down = right.

which I kind of figured out myself last night whilsttesting the simulator session I had created, but Todor has confirmed it. Thanks Todor.

I hadn't thought to bring the simulator into work, how devious, I guess I'll haveto install euroscope on my laptop now.

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks