You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Route moderation - what happens?

Matthew Reeve 914466

Matthew Reeve 914466
Posted
Posted

What happens when a route gets changed? Do the moderators check against other routes for duplicates, check comments on previous edits, etc? I only ask because I've just made some changes to routes into Heathrow which I am certain I corrected only a couple of weeks ago, and they have reverted to the poor quality they were before. I may just be having a senior moment (at 26!) but if not surely there needs to be a quality threshold that we can rely on, that if we make a change and give a reason for it, that it's actually taken into consideration?

3712.png

Vatsim-UK C3/INS & EGTT Euroscope sector file developer

FS9 pilot, learning X-plane, VasFMC user

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Hi Matthew,

The moderators accept justified requests, and the higher "star" rating you have the more likely your submission is to be accepted without to much hestitation. Of course you even more likely to get your submission accepted if you add a comment explaining what you changed and why - because we get a lot of requests from people who are just experimenting.

In the database I can see a number of changes from March 27th (all accepted), three from March 28th (accepted), one from April 26th (accepted) and a few from yesterday (not yet processed). I cannot see any recent rejections.

One possible reason for such impression is that you sent your corrections to cycle 0608 and you might have been looking at the database in cycle 0804 (or some other). Corrections are not propagated to other cycles, because what is a duplicate in 0608 could be the only available option in 0804. If you're interested, corrections are only accepted (separately) in 0608 and in the latest from real life. If you submit a route to 0608, it will be checked in background for 0804 and copied if found valid.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Matthew Reeve 914466
Posted
Posted

Ok, I see. I think the problem might be more to do with someone then changing what I've changed, that should match the changes I made at the end of March. I haven't got the latest AIRAC because I won't pay for it, however the changes I made are likely to be correct in both. It's really just due to end of routes for STARs which are wrong - most people seem oblivious to the different levels and so put in routes being available on STARs where they are unavailable. I'm getting through them slowly...

3712.png

Vatsim-UK C3/INS & EGTT Euroscope sector file developer

FS9 pilot, learning X-plane, VasFMC user