You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Oceanic Nat Track Feature

Dan Arsenault 949706

Dan Arsenault 949706
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I have been using Euroscope faithfully since the first public release and consequently have stopped using VRC. The problem I have now is that I have forgotten much of the commands in VRC and frankly would rather stay with ES.

I am starting to train on Oceanic and VRC has a neat feature that I would like to see ES have, downloading current NAT tracks and auto display them on the screen. Do you think this would be a possible update for ES?

As an INS in CZQM/CZQX I am having my students learn using ES only. Unfortunately, they have to read the VRC manual and do a test on it, but once p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed, they only use ES.

Thanks for the great program and all the work you are putting into it.

Hopefully the NAT track feature can be added.

Dan

CZQM/CZQX

Dan [Mod - Happy Thoughts]nault

CZQM/CZQX Instructor

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

It's already in discussion, including a new radar mode for oceanic/non-radar control. Once the details are settled, it will be added to Mantis.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Dan Arsenault 949706
Posted
Posted

Thanks Stephan.

Dan [Mod - Happy Thoughts]nault

CZQM/CZQX Instructor

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Unfortunately, they have to read the VRC manual and do a test on it, but once p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed, they only use ES.

Why are students forced to learn one specific radar client? If they want to use ES, they shouldn't be forced to learn VRC. The two programs are different enough that is seems like a waste of time to have to learn VRC if you are going to use ES for actual controlling.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Michael Stegmueller 883648
Posted
Posted
Why are students forced to learn one specific radar client? If they want to use ES, they shouldn't be forced to learn VRC. The two programs are different enough that is seems like a waste of time to have to learn VRC if you are going to use ES for actual controlling.

I like your post, Ross

Congratulation.

Thanks a lot .

Philip Smith 997355
Posted
Posted

I agree, BTW european training department is asking only for ASRC. Why is that?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
I agree, BTW european training department is asking only for ASRC. Why is that?

Do you mean the Eurotest? It is not supposed to show ANY questions related to ATC software....but I can confirm that it does

• 2 weeks later...
Philip Smith 997355
Posted
Posted

Yes, and have a lot of them.

Sami Ylismaki 878340
Posted
Posted

lol, I used to have to answer to procontroller questions, now that was hairy as the program practically wasn't in use anymore anywhere.