You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Some (easy?) ES questions..

Ben Hofer 1042467

Ben Hofer 1042467
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good day all of you

First of all I'd like to thank you for the new wonderful ES program, i work with it now for about one week and I'm convinced of it and the comfortable handling

But now I've just some (surely easy) questions, I didn't find any good solution until now.. :/

1. In VRC you can simply monitor/listen to other frequencies (voice AND text) by selecting them in the "Communications Dialog" (tick them). In ES I only found out how to listen to other frequencies (right click in controller list --> monitor i suppose), but the txt-frequency only appears if I select a frequency as primary. Is there any .dot-command etc. to tune the frequency voice AND text?

2. In VRC you have the arrival-&departure-list and if you click on an aircraft you can see the name of the pilot. Is there any way in ES to show the name of pilots?

3. You can set the status of an aircraft ("push, taxi, dep") in the departure list of ES. Is there any way to reset this status to be empty?.

4. Is there any free batch-file to convert .wav-files for the ES-voiceATIS in the correct format (7350Hz 16bits mono)? With my Audio-Converters i only can choose 8000Hz as the lowest :/

I think thats all for now - the wiki is very helpful for the most questions

Thanks for your support by now, Ben

Edited by Guest

- VATSIM Instructor | Chief Events & PR VATSIM Germany | EuroScope Beta Tester -

edbb,edff,edll,geroic1,euroscope.jpg

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

1. Two ways

- from the Controller list choose a controller, right-click => Monitor

- from the Voice Panel => fill the form for new station and hit the RCV box

2. The name and much more info is shown on the bottom tool bar just next to the write filed.

3. Nope, I aways thought that was a missed look.

4. GoldWave => http://www.goldwave.com/ just one suggestion

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Hi Ben,

1. Try right click and then "Listen to frequency" EDIT: but this is also only voice, you have to select text in the voice connections as well. If not: Monitor

2. You can see the name of the pilot right of the scratch pad in the bottom, when you select an aircraft

3. Not yet (correct me, if I'm wrong?).

4. try goldwave. I have not used it (I have cool edit pro), but it seems to work well. http://www.goldwave.de/default.php?page=home

Hope it helps.

Oliver.

EDIT: */&(/$=* too slow

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
Oliver.

EDIT: */&(/$=* too slow

Yep for only 4 minutes

Philip Smith 997355
Posted
Posted

Hello gentleman, I have been using ES almost from the start, and not always ES shows the Pilot Name. This is not an isolated case, the rest of the ATC here in Spain using Euroscope have the same issue. I forgot to report this on the beta forum. Any comments?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

There are two cases when ES don't shows the name:

1. You are looking at Simulated Aircraft (Satnet data aircraft)

2. When the pilot send his FP...ES takes some time to show the name... I don't know the exact time needed, but I can confirm that it doesn't show it right away. I don't know the reason only Gergely can say why that is like that...but I haven't have any situation except the two above (and when no FP is sended) when the Pilot Name is not shown.

Ben Hofer 1042467
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you all very much for your answers!! Let me just repeat the given solutions and see if I understood them right

"Monitor" only offers the voice-transmission of the controller; you don't hear any transmission of the pilots.

"Listen to frequency" lets you hear the whole transmissions on the voice channel.

BUT: Neighter if I activate "monitor" "listen to frequency" nor activate the "RCV TXT" in the voice communication setup of Euroscope I get the text transmissions shown; the channel only appears, if I set the frequency as "primary" for a short time. So: Any ideas?! =/

Now the names suddenly appear besides the input field when clicking on a callsign It seems as if I had the same prob as Philip Smith But now I can see the names, thank you

Hmm okay.. what a pity! =/

Thank you very, very much for the link - I'll test the program

Edited by Guest

- VATSIM Instructor | Chief Events & PR VATSIM Germany | EuroScope Beta Tester -

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

1. The channel only appears when there is something transmitted on text. Did you wait for texttransmissions?

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Ben Hofer 1042467
Posted
Posted

of course, but it does not appear...

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Ben,

The frequency chat appears only if there are some messages there. The only exception is the primary frequency. This is why you see it opening when you select it as primary. But I am sure you must receive ext messages from other frequencies too. Be sure to check if the frequency itself is correct. The messages are sent on the network using the frequency values as identifiers. So you will receive the messages only if the value is right (even you can listen the voice channel without proper frequency value).

Gergely.

EuroScope developer