You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Labels

Luca Vetturi 874351

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

After reading the manual, and reading a few threads here, I still can't understand one thing.

Sorry to use VRC as a reference, but here our real sistem works in that way:

before I identify an aircraft, I have a yellow label only with SSR and mode C (level). If a plane squawks a code which is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to a flight, then the plane "taggs-up" and the label shows the callsign, mode C (level), ground speed, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned level, and coordinated level.

How to make it happen in Euroscope? It seems that if i don't double click the label, nothing happens when the pilot squawks the correct code.

Red over white, you're all right.

Italy vACC proud supporter

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You can't for now....not the way you want. The reason is the different types of data-tags and mimic of ATM Systems.

I hope it will be in the new release.

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted
You can't for now....not the way you want. The reason is the different types of data-tags and mimic of ATM Systems.

You mean real ATS radar? Because our works in the other way.

I hope it will be in the new release.

I hope it, too

By the way, let me understand: let's say you see a radar blip pop up on your screen, what do you do, step by step, if you want to identify him? (step by step)

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign him a SQ, my untagged data-tag is SQ and altitude only. When I see the correct SQ on the label I double click it and see the full data-tag. Also I use one trick...on the SIL when you [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign SQ it is turned in alert colour (yellow on SATCAS) and when the correct code is entered by the pilot it turns to the notified colour.

Now on the real ATM, yes, on SATCAS theoretically you can have a IFR flight without SQ, now it may be incorrect buy SQ never the less, and you get SQ Alert on top of the callsign with the coorect SQ (Check the SATCAS data-tag for more info). But in VATSIM for every plain not coming after hand-off I have to do the above as they are not [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign any code

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted
I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign him a SQ, my untagged data-tag is SQ and altitude only. When I see the correct SQ on the label I double click it and see the full data-tag.

Ok I see... Could it be possible in the next release, (maybe with a switch in the preferences) to let the label automatically tag up if he squawks the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned code, please?

Or, if you can model it (that would be really nice):

Unidentified RPI: is called "pending" and it's yellow, label shows SSR and Level.

If the pilot squawks his code, a complete all-magenta label appears, I see it, and clicking on the callsign it turns all green.

Also I use one trick...on the SIL when you [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign SQ it is turned in alert colour (yellow on SATCAS) and when the correct code is entered by the pilot it turns to the notified colour.

Yup but it would be nice to have this different-colour-behaviour on the label instead of having it on a list.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

About the first...we will take in consider, be sure about that Luca

The second..you want the data-tag to change it's color? For now can you just use the compound warning?

Philip Smith 997355
Posted
Posted

This is what i am talking about

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted
About the first...we will take in consider, be sure about that Luca

The second..you want the data-tag to change it's color? For now can you just use the compound warning?

For now ok, i'll use your trick, but it would be great if the data-tag changed colour and tagged-up.

• 2 weeks later...
Alberto Molteni 915217
Posted
Posted

I'll have to add my support for this one. Right now, there is no difference between aircraft sending the correct code and those squawking an incorrect one. Also relates to what was discussed here: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=28791. If the tags can change colour as well that's nice, but if not I'd settle with the automatic tag-up.

Alberto Molteni

• 11 months later...
David Walsh 811659
Posted
Posted

I'd also like to vote for automatic correlation of tags (tagging up if you will) when an unidentified aircraft squawks their [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned FPL code.

Is there any chance of having an automatic correlation of departing aircraft? That is, once the aircraft is above 200' (for example) and departing an airport within you which you are responsible for and the squawk code the pilot is squawking is the same is the FPL, the aircraft will correlate automatically. Maybe there is a way to do this already and I have missed it?

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

There is already a new concept of correlation coming up with v3.1, which is a bit more than just tagging up.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide