You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

unistalling x-9

Tito Ortiz 1028379

Tito Ortiz 1028379
Posted
Posted

hello anyone know how to unistall the demo from X-9 I LOOK ALL OVER THE FOLDER CAN FIND IT if anyone know please let me know.i try it but could not figure out setting and all to much to set up .

thank you

tito

banTito.jpg

Peter Nolin 954217
Posted
Posted

One good thing with X-Plane is that it keeps all it stuff inside the X-Plane folder.

So, to uninstall it, just delete the folder. Very simple.

Tito Ortiz 1028379
Posted
Posted

thank you

banTito.jpg

Shawn Goldsworthy 925085
Posted
Posted

Yeah thats one of the many great things about X-Plane. It doesn't install anything into the system files. I can do a full HD reformat, and just drag my entire X-Plane folder to a second HD, move it back after the reformat and it will be just as it was before. No screwing round setting it up the way I like it again.

Shawn "SX" Goldsworthy

Retired ATM/ Staff Instructor

Los Angeles ARTCC

N123SX | xxx554

• 1 month later...
Brandon Lynch 1065192
Posted
Posted

kinda new to this forum but is x-plane better than microsoft f/s x

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Is red a better color than blue?

That's not a question that's easily answered.

MSFS has better overall polish...an actual manual (I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume), tons of high quality payware aircraft with custom instrumentation and functionality, and detailed airport scenery right out of the box.

XPlane is rough around the edges, but sports a detailed flight model that, according to many, many people, yields a more 'realistic' experience (in my opinion, this is much more apparent when hand flying GA aircraft. If you are flying a 747 with autopilot most of the time, you're unlikely to notice the difference). Xplane has great texturs and land cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] info, but lacks detailed airport buildings and markings (although it's getting better all the time).

XPlane has a steep, lengthy learning curve, but the rewards are many.

Mark Smith 1065258
Posted
Posted

OOps wrong thread. Sorry.