You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Wow! How did I miss all the fun??

Bo Gercke 845743

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted

I go away for a few days and miss the poo flinging contest that has erupted in the forum???

I feel left out....

Someone please p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the salt... I need some on my popcorn.

Hey Andrew.... I left a PM... Call me for that info if you want it.

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

lol... I got it, sorry it's taken me so long.

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted
I go away for a few days and miss the poo flinging contest that has erupted in the forum???

I feel left out....

The emails were even more fun. Legal eagles everywhere.... Apparently I'm going to be dragged into court, thrown in irons, and flogged in public for libel.

RJ

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

I feel left out....

The emails were even more fun. Legal eagles everywhere.... Apparently I'm going to be dragged into court, thrown in irons, and flogged in public for libel.

Could be worse, and yet I remember hearing the same thing

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

I feel left out....

Could be worse, and yet I remember hearing the same thing

And I've heard that a time or two myself...

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Stephen Sculley-Beaman
Posted
Posted

I feel left out....

Can I watch?

P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the popcorn, Bo!

John Binner
Posted
Posted

Ok, who gave Bo the super secret get back into the forum p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word again?

BTW, I've got a prize to anyone that can look at my specs below and tell me WHY I am still only getting 15-25 FPS in my FSX

John Binner,

System Specs:

MB: ASUS M5A99FX

CPU: AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 125W AM3+ Eight-Core 4.0GHz

Video: Nvdia 970

Memory: 16GB DDR3

Win10 Pro 64-Bit

P3D v4, PMDG, ActiveSky, GEX, etc.

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted

The p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word's location was in a lockbox.... Kept under my bed.... In a safe location.....

Sorry for the bad SNL reference!

Gosh I'm just trying to think of a good story to tell to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the time... I mean, I know that I can set a forum thread ablaze, but the past week has been incredibly trendsetting. It's GOTTA be a record or something.

Oh.. I got a job offer.... Here's a hint.... 3 parallel runways. Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] D airspace. Located in a west coast ARTCC. The winner gets... Oh, I don't know; A Coke and a Smile? Any guesses? I'll give more hints, if needed, but it should be easy.

Harv Stein
Posted
Posted

Richard Jenkins wrote:

"The emails were even more fun. Legal eagles everywhere.... Rolling Eyes Apparently I'm going to be dragged into court, thrown in irons, and flogged in public for libel.

I am sure Richard remembers some of the death threats and threats of bombings that we have received over the years including the bombing of a VATSIM convention!!!! This is fact. Harv.

Harv Stein

Founding Member - VATSIM

John Binner
Posted
Posted

wow, you took the $5.25 an hour and a cookie offer huh? lol I'm impressed.

John Binner,

System Specs:

Win10 Pro 64-Bit

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted
wow, you took the $5.25 an hour and a cookie offer huh? lol I'm impressed.

Shame on you, Johnny Boy.... I'll actually be making more than I make now. Not saying much, but to make $10k more for showing up to work in board shorts, flips flops, long hair, and no collateral duties..... I'm in. Until I can get that fractional jet thing off the ground, it'll pay the bills. And.... you'd trade places with me in a heartbeat flat, and you know it. But you can come visit any time! Neener neener neener..... So what are your guesses?

Harv, and RJ... Sounds like you guys need full time Secret Service Protection. A pissed off computer geek will make any Al Quaeda operator look like a rookie. Hell hath no fury!

Ok, here's offer number 2.... Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] D. Located in the Central Coast of Ca. 2 parallels, and an intersecting runway. Any guesses here?

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted (edited)

Harv, and RJ... Sounds like you guys need full time Secret Service Protection. A pissed off computer geek will make any Al Quaeda operator look like a rookie. Hell hath no fury!

Well...it reminds you society has its "special" people. What's scary is when they show up at your house! Several years ago a BoG member had a member show up at his house in Petaluma and smash a front window.

So..if you show up at my front door unannounced, don't expect a big warm and fuzzy conversation, because I'm probably thinking how best to screw that F92 in your ear.

Edited by Guest

RJ

John Binner
Posted
Posted

Sorry Bo the last job offer I even looked at from the FAA, recently, wasn't even close to supporting a family of 4 in Hilton Head. But yeah, if they ever got realistic about paying, I'd consider it.

Seconded on the p-o'ed computer geek, just ask some of the people around work here how much I can mess with them for fun. lol

John Binner,

System Specs:

Win10 Pro 64-Bit

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

I'd say Santa Barbara for the second offer, but that's under a Charlie. hrm

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted
I'd say Santa Barbara for the second offer, but that's under a Charlie. hrm

Salinas?

RJ

Bruno Pinto 964946
Posted
Posted

LOL!

Bruno Pinto

VATME - OOMM - C3

atc1o.png

bannervf7kp9.jpg

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted
So..if you show up at my front door unannounced, don't expect a big warm and fuzzy conversation, because I'm probably thinking how best to screw that F92 in your ear.

I would dial 1-900-HECK-LER . Nothing that a .40 USP Tactical can't fix. 1-888-GOT-GLOCK is an option as well.

Excellent guess on Salinas... Such a peculiar field, I figured it would be easy. So how about the first one, guys? Any guesses? More hints needed?

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted
Sorry Bo the last job offer I even looked at from the FAA, recently, wasn't even close to supporting a family of 4 in Hilton Head. But yeah, if they ever got realistic about paying, I'd consider it.

Seconded on the p-o'ed computer geek, just ask some of the people around work here how much I can mess with them for fun. lol

You know I'm too old for the FAA... At 32, I've been put out to pasture. They moved me down to the "minor leagues". But yes, I'll be making more than my friends who just joined the FAA and are heading to such prestigous places as SoCal Approach, Atlanta TRACON, and Jax Approach. At least starting....

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Palmdale? Guess it could qualify....

RJ

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Chino...

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

You know I'm too old for the FAA... At 32, I've been put out to pasture. They moved me down to the "minor leagues". But yes, I'll be making more than my friends who just joined the FAA and are heading to such prestigous places as SoCal Approach, Atlanta TRACON, and Jax Approach. At least starting....

If you dont mind the cold. I hear it's pretty nice for ATC up here.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted

RJ you got the 1st guess right...

Number 2 is Salinas.....

Number 1.....

I know I'm giving it away here.... Located in Albuquerque ARTCC.....

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Williams !

RJ

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted
Williams !

Yep yep... The place is a zoo from my understanding of it.

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Ah, Williams... I was working on my multi certificate doing an IFR (actual that is flyable in the SW USA, rare!) XC into Willaims and got cleared for an ILS. I wasn't used to the twin yet so I blew through the signal and had to yank it back to keep from losing it, zipping past the signal once more before getting it locked on. As I settled it out my MEI buddy in the right seat looked at me and said, "What the heck was that!?!?", to which I replied firmly, "A clearing turn." He was still laughing while we chocked it up on the ramp.

That's what you have to look forward to at Williams!

Kyle Ramsey