You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Conventional ATC for Euroscope ?!

Pedro Rodrigues 811210

Pedro Rodrigues 811210
Posted
Posted

Hello Gergely

Seems to me that Euroscope is without any doubt the best ATC client ever built for VATSIM. It´s ages well ahead of VRC and ASRC, Its technological specs far superseed VRC and ASRC ,only someone very stubborn won´t admit it.

I´m already using it especially at LPPC_CTR, since release of version 2.9a.

After reading and studying the manual of this state of the art software and learning all the ultimate solutions, possibilities and options that it offers, I feel however that altough this software is the cream of the crop in a radar environment it lacks a bit in conventional atc.

So I thought that you could be interested in developing something like a supplementary module or whatever solution into Euroscope to override this and offer a good solution based on conventional ATC to match its Radar counterpart .

If you are interested in this I can provide the people with the knowhow, based on the real ATC conventional operations.

Just to remind you, FIR´s like Santa Maria, Shannon, Gander, etc ... don´t have any radar coverage. Conventional atc is performed based on information p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed by the flight crews to the air traffic controllers and includes estimated times and full position reports with information such as: Speed, Wind direction and Velocity, Outside Air Temperature and Turbulence reports.

I personally think that due to its state of the art technological solutions, Euroscope has the potential to become the pioneer in developing a platfform for a long awaited and realistic Conventional air traffic control.

Just to give you an example, Santa Maria FIR has 9 Airports under its jurisdiction all under conventional ATC.

I hope this post could be a good spark for a new challenge for You and Your team.

Congratulations and keep up the very good and fabulous work.

Best Regards

Pedro Rodrigues / LPMA

VATSIM ID:811210

Portugal VACC ACCPT03 - Training Director

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

We are already discussing features for a professional mode including non-radar/oceanic modes and procedures, which is planned to be in the next public release. I'm sure any input you can provide will be appreciated.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted
and includes estimated times and full position reports with information such as: Speed, Wind direction and Velocity, Outside Air Temperature and

Wind vector, and outside air temperature in a position report? blinking2.gifblinking.gif

It certainly is one of the best virtual atc client, But as every pc program it has its minor bugs, it's more than normal When a few features will be implemented and a couple of bugs corrected, it will surely be a state of the art client

Red over white, you're all right.

Italy vACC proud supporter

Pedro Rodrigues 811210
Posted
Posted

Stephan

It will be possible to know your email ?!

Best Regards

Pedro Rodrigues / LPMA

VATSIM ID:811210

Portugal VACC ACCPT03 - Training Director