You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Take off using self-training asystem

Matthew Gunn 964355

Matthew Gunn 964355
Posted
Posted

Working with the self-training simulator I am having difficulties getting the take-off button to work with an aircraft at the runway hold. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Martin Bergin 931070
Posted
Posted

There is a limit to how far from the defined treshold that an aircraft will take-off. You may have to taxi the aircraft to the treshold to get the to depart.

• 4 weeks later...
Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Matthew

did you sort this.

What is the process for getting aircraft to depart. I'm guessing it might be the same as when you have inbounds in as much as the aircraft starting point will be the lat long of the gate, but how do you get them, to the runway and to take off.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Wycliffe,

You should use the TAXI button and draw the taxi route until the RWY. The planes will takeoff only from the RWY (at least close to it).

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

gergely

Thanks for that will try this later on

wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

• 1 month later...
Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I have trouble with this; i taxi the aircraft on to the runway, and it will not take off, however how do you know if the aircraft is heading directly down the runway, because i noticed in the manual that the aircraft have to be within -/+ 5 degree's of the runway heading, but i'm not sure if the aircraft are the correct way down the runway.

Cheers

atc1o.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Ross,

That +-5 degree is not about takeoff but landing. The ILS button is accepted if the plane is close enough to the extended centerline. The takeoff just tests if the plane is close enough to the runway. It looks for the threshold point defined in the scenario file, then makes a 2NM long line in the direction also defined in the scenario file. The plane must be within 0.1 NM from this segment to accept the takeoff button. I first suggest checking the points defined in the scenario.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Thanks , all sorted!,

New problem or question i should say is how do i make aircraft on the ILS act like they do on the sweatbox server with ACRS, so they follow the course and descend becasue it would be a pain if you had to click ILS for every aircraft any idea's on that one?

Cheers

Ross

atc1o.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Ross,

At this moment you have to click the ILS button for all AC. But I feel that when the candidate clears it for the approach and while you read it back you have plenty of time to click that button.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 4 months later...
Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

It's fine for the instructor to click the button, however when self-training with Auto selected, it would be great if the simulator automatically intercepted the ILS for the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned runway when the Cleared ILS or Cleared Visual Approach is selected from the altitude drop-down in the tag!

Back to the take off problem... I did some testing the other night and found that aircraft appear to refuse take off when there are less than two waypoints in their route. I also found that you can't modify the Direct or Route edit boxes in the scenario dialog while on the ground (the changes typed in have no effect and are not saved). Is this correct or am I missing something?

The above revised definition of the "rules for take off" is very helpful but it appears planes also must be within 0.5 nm of the defined threshold, as stated in the docomeentation, to depart from an intersection.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Michael,

Actually the cleared ILS/visual approach flags were developed later than the simulator. That is why it was not implemented in this way, but I like this change.

I will also test the route and takeoff situation.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 11 months later...
Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Intercepting ILS in auto mode:- and now it works in 3.1a! Thank you very much, it's getting easier to use all the time. Brilliant.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

absolutely +1