You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZMP Website Down

Timothy Boger 942264

Timothy Boger 942264
Posted
Posted

In order to beat you smart alecs that will invariably say "Hey, the ZMP Website is down, lolz..." I have but one thing to say:

...The ZMP Website is down. There's some issue with our server...our host switched servers and the new server didn't like the configuration of our plan, so it spit it out. We've got our top professionals working on it round the clock, however. Everything SHOULD be back to normal soon.

gcr+pewter+homestarrunner.com+sbemail50.swf_system-report.tna.png

And if Denver and LA were wondering, no, this is not affecting our dominance on Iron Mic this week.

Timothy Boger

ZMP ATM!

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

TB - it's now morning on June 7th and the website is still down.

Just thought I'd update you on that.

(Have I succeeded in pissing you off yet? )

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

I've always wondered why VATSIM didn't offer the divisions and local organizations a set amount of space on a common web server that was backed up and replicated.

Hosting seems like the kind of thing where you can get efficiencies of scale, and it might avoid the seemingly regular change of web site each time an ARTCC's management turns over.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

And if Denver and LA were wondering, no, this is not affecting our dominance on Iron Mic this week.

LOL

THIS IS PERSONAL NOW, TIM!!!

Timothy Boger 942264
Posted
Posted

Phew, we're finally back up. (We actually were Monday night, but haven't been home...)

Timothy Boger

ZMP ATM!

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted (edited)

Luckily, ZMP's webmaster is capable of multitasking, and put together 14 hours on MSP_CTR while troubleshooting the SQL encryption issues on the website .

On topic, we are indeed back up and running. If anyone runs into issues at the ZMP website, drop me an e-mail at [email protected]

Edited by Guest

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted
I've always wondered why VATSIM didn't offer the divisions and local organizations a set amount of space on a common web server that was backed up and replicated.

Hosting seems like the kind of thing where you can get efficiencies of scale, and it might avoid the seemingly regular change of web site each time an ARTCC's management turns over.

Cheers!

Luke

Been there...done that.

We provide space for those that want it. VATSIM currently hosts several division and ACC/FIR/ARTCC sites. We'd like some of the others who have incredibly bad hosting to either make the move to a better host or let VATSIM host. I think many don't take it because of preceived control issues.

RJ

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
[We'd like some of the others who have incredibly bad hosting to either make the move to a better host or let VATSIM host. I think many don't take it because of preceived control issues.

Interesting - I wasn't aware of that.

It's a shame that more people don't take advantage of it, but it's also a shame that there isn't better integration between VATSIM and the Divisions/ARTCCs. When that doesn't happen or when there's downtime, it is to me a brand dilution/pollution issue.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted
[We'd like some of the others who have incredibly bad hosting to either make the move to a better host or let VATSIM host. I think many don't take it because of preceived control issues.

It's a shame that more people don't take advantage of it, but it's also a shame that there isn't better integration between VATSIM and the Divisions/ARTCCs. When that doesn't happen or when there's downtime, it is to me a brand dilution/pollution issue.

Cheers!

Luke

VATUSA offered it as well and was only taken by a few for the same reasons that RJ mentioned...

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Gary Millsaps 830104
Posted
Posted

Cheers!

Luke

Surprisingly enough Luke, many issues like this are actively - and successfully I might add - managed in the background throughout VATSIM.

Gary Millsaps

VATUSA1

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me...

guaranteed."