You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ALIAS file

David Saunders 818672

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

I have noticed recently that when i try to use one of my aliases to pick up the temp altitude it just show 0ft rather than what is set, what i have in my alias is as below, any ideas

.d descend to alt $temp ft.

this is what comes up

descend to alt 0ft

this happens with all my temp altitude alias commands

non-discript self importance signature

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Just to make sure ... you did set a temp alt (and maybe not just a sector exit alt)?

You could try

> $alt

The temporary, the sector entry/exit or the final altitude (if none of the preciouses are specified) of the selected aircraft.

to check that. I just checked for my own setup, and it's the same. $temp gives out 0 while $alt works fine. Can't say if it's a bug or if it should work that way. I use the temporary altitude popup list in the tag, so I would guess it should be temp alt and it might be a bug.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Gregory McClarnon 946953
Posted
Posted

Dave,

Last night when we were controlling, all aircraft that came to me were showing the temp alt as 000 on VRC. It didn't appear you set the temp alt.

Maybe that's why...

generate.php?mid=687

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

Stephen,

Yep temp altitude was set, and i use it lot when giving initial clearances or final descent clearances in text, I figured out for some reason it pick up the ALT, but not the temp.

Greg what your seeing is different, when you select CL/APP on ES it sets the altitude to 000 as i ve noticed, and shows a sign to say the CL/APP alt has bet reached, again this is something we have noticed in ES. This then prevents the CLAM wanring appearing.

non-discript self importance signature

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

David,

The $temp is defenetly a bug. It shows the controller [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned final altitude instead of the temporary one. I will fix it.

One note: When you set CL/APP EuroScope sets the temporary altitude to 1, while on visual APP it sets to 2. That probably appears as 000 on VRC (that is somewhat correct).

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

One more thing, related to that. I think right now all the altitude related functions only use/give out the altitude. I think it would be good (to have an option) to take the TA into account, so up to the TA it should give out the altitude, above it should give out FLxxx.

And one other thing, maybe it's just a simulator issue ... I tried that one using the sim. It did not take the cruise level from the flightplan as cruise level. Don't know if that can or needs to be changed, just noticed that now.

(registered as 356/357)

Stephan Boerner

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Stephan,

The first is OK, we have to fix it.

I am not sure I understand the second part. The FP is extracted from the scenario with the same way it is extracted from the real FP-s. FL values may be used there.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

When using the SIM with for example an arriving aircraft with FL300 as cruising level in the flightplan, this is not used as cruising level for ES, so $cruise=0 even though it should be FL300. I know the entries in the flightplan are not identical to the cruiselevel/voice-flag in the system, and online this is probably no problem as those values should be set by the pilot client. In the SIM, ES is the pilot client, so maybe ES could use the values from the flightplan as initial values for those settings.

Stephan Boerner

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Stephan,

I can not confirm that. If I start my scenario the $cruise works just fine. Send me a scenario that does not work for you.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Hm ... funny ... I checked it again before I was sending it ... now it works just fine, and I didn't do anything different.

The only difference I can remember is that I corrected the value for the level from 300 to 30000 in the scenario while I was testing it last time ... maybe I forgot to save before reloading and 300 would be displayed as 0 if below airport_alt (364) in the scenario? Have no other explanation, however ... problem solved itself.

Stephan Boerner